Chapter-2

[Author's POV]

Sara's eyelids were forced open when a warm light struck her face. When she came to her senses, the first thing she noticed was the cotton softness under her skin.

Her hand came instantly to her head as she sat up slowly on the bed, throbbing in severe agony. She opened her eyes slowly, rubbing her head, to take in her surroundings.

She attempted to recollect what occurred before she slept, which she quickly regretted as the memories of those vampires rushed through her head

Am I still in their house?

Fear and horror ran through her entire body as she tightly held the nightshirt she was wearing in her fists.

"I need to get out of here as quickly as possible." She withdrew the blanket off herself, and as she set her feet on the floor, the door opened, revealing Maira.

"Oh, you awoke." Maira described seeing Sara awaken and standing in front of her, but what puzzled her was her scared demeanour.

"I need to get away from here..." Sara yelled in terror, ignoring her words, and attempted to flee, but Maira blocked her path.

"You can't leave." Maira said to her, making her even more terrified.

"Why? I can't remain here much longer..." Sara persuaded her. Everything about her expression, tone, and eyes screamed terror.

How can I stay here with those inhuman people?

"Miss, try to understand, you can't go unless your bosses allow you to." Maira urged quietly, frightening her dear girl even more.

"What exactly do you mean?" Sara was terrified of the response.

"Miss, please have a seat. I'll explain in more detail." Maira offered, grasping her hands and gently pushing her back on the sofa.

"You were correct. They exist as vampires." While Sara reasoned again, Maira revealed the facts to her.

"That's why I want to get out of here. I can't stay here. They're going to murder me." Sara was attempting to persuade her, and Maira was doing the same for Sara's sake.

"They won't until you force them..." Maira stated, slightly perplexing Sara. Maira continued speaking.

"You've been brought here as prey. A blood supply." Sara was taken aback when she learned this.

A blood source? For those vampires?

"W-What? But why me?" Sara barged in as Maira told her the answer.

"Master Keith seeks down prey for his nephews. Many females were brought here as prey before you, but they all..." Maira paused in the middle of her response.