Chapter-46

[Author's POV]

"Are also here to tell me the things that... that your wives came here to tell me?" Sara asked nervously to the person, as in Valdemar Dankworth was sitting in front of her.

"No, I'm just here to clear some of your confusions." Valdemar calmly said. Sara gave him a confused look by his words.

"Confusion about to give my sons a chance or not, right?" Valdemar asked. Sara stayed silent in the reply.

"May I know the reason for confusion." Valdemar asked calmly.

"I just... just don't want to be here." Sara said in a low voice. Valdemar's expressions remained calm.

"Why? Even I know that you realized that my sons won't hurt you now." Valdemar told her.

"The question is not that. The question is for how many times in the future I'll get hurt by their enemies who are just waiting for one chance to abduct me because I'm..." Sara argued back but stopped mid-way knowing what will be her next words.

"Because you're their one and only weakness and wife..." Valdemar completed her uncompleted words making her sigh.

"Tell me one thing, Sara." Valdemar spoke as Sara looked at him.

"Have my sons ever failed to protect you from their enemies?" Valdemar asked her making her remember about all those kidnaping memories from which she had gone through.

She stayed calm and silent knowing that the answer to this question was yes.

"They protected you from every trouble and every person who intended to hurt you. Then why can't they protect you now?" He asked the main question related to her confusion.

"But I don't want to live in this kind of fear to get attacked any moment." Sara argued back with slight frustration.

"Do you agree that my sons have protected you till now?" Valdemar asked calmly yet sternly.

"Yes, but-" Valdemar cut her words.

"Then just trust them and they won't even let you feel scared of anything or anyone." Valdemar declared.

"I can't..." Sara fired back calmly.

"Reason?" Valdemar asked raising an eyebrow.

"Once they said that they would wait for my approval for the marriage. Even I knew from the start that I was going to say no to this marriage in any condition. But what they did? They forcefully married me, threatening me for my friend's life."

Sara told him more like complaining to him about his sons' acts with her. Valdemar's expressions were still calm after hearing about his sons' acts.

"They used the opportunity to make you theirs and to save you by marrying you to show the others that they need to think twice before even thinking to hurt you." Valdemar told her.

"But they didn't care about my feelings at all." Sara spoke with pain.

"And I'm not saying that they did the right thing."

Sara looked at him as he spoke those words with a stern voice. She thought that he was also here to take the sides of his sons.

"My sons are just like me. I was in love with my wives and they were in love with their wife." Valdemar spoke last words while looking at Sara.

"I clearly understand what type of fear they would have felt when they got that threat." Valdemar spoke calmly looking outside the open window.

"The fear which I always felt when I saw any one of my wives' life in danger. Fear of losing them is much more than just a fear of death." He explained calmly.