Chapter 8

Raevon

We approach Building Four as Kate runs her hands through her hair and begins to fiddle with her scarf. I frown at her and force her hands down. Amee giggles.

"Why are you so nervous?" I ask her.

"I don't know, I don't usually come to these parties..." Kate says, and I look at Amee. She shakes her head and I smile.

"I don't know about this either guys, I have such a big headache," Irene says, rubbing both sides of her temple.

"Here," Clarity says handing Irene some headache pills. "Once you start drinking, you won't even notice that headache." Clarity and Irene walk ahead of us when they spot Irene's boyfriend. Amee leans forward to look at Kate.

"Ten bucks says Clarity and Shadrach are making out in the first hour," she says.

"Oh, no way! Three hours at the least!" Kate says. I can't help but laugh.

"Three hours! Do you know who we are betting on?" Amee says. Kate thinks about it for a moment.

"Alright an hour and a half," Kate says, rolling her eyes. We enter the building and hear upbeat music the minute we walk in. Amee leads us down the hallway and into a crowd dorm room. Suddenly Kate's face heats up and she mumbles an excuse to go to the bathroom. Amee nudges my arm and points across the room were Johnny stands next to Justin and Jesse, pushing his sleeves up and fixing his glasses while searching the room.

"Twenty bucks says Kate and Johnny leave the party together," Amee whispers in my ear. I smile.

"Twenty bucks says it's before eleven," I say. Amee's grin widens. I lean in closer to her. "So, how about we go over there?" I ask, pointing towards where Clint and Shadrach stand with a few more of their football players. Amee clears her throat and shrugs her shoulders.

"Um, sure," she says. When we approach them Amee gets caught up in a conversation with Clint and another football player.

"Hiya, Cheeky," Shadrach says. I give him a playful smile. "I noticed you got a sad grade on that essay today," he comments. I bite my lip and look at the ground.

"Yeah, I was a little distracted today," I say. He chuckles and puts an arm around my shoulder, leans in and whispers in my ear. His smell is enough to turn me on.

"Fancy a study partner?" Instead of looking into his eyes- I don't like the funny feeling I get while talking to him- I glance around the room and see Clarity practically fuming near Justin and Irene.

"Oh, I'd love a study partner," I whisper to him, "are you thinking about setting me up with someone?" He smiles at me.

"Cheeky," he says but doesn't take his arm from me. He passes me his red solo cup that's full of a strong-smelling drink and I take a sip from it. "Oy, Jesse mate," he calls. Jesse walks over to us and I subtly motion Clarity over. She shakes her head, but I motion her over again and she follows Jesse.

"All right, May?" Jesse says with his do-me-now smile. I bite my lip, my eyes drifting to his chest.

"I'm okay," I say, blushing.

"So, May here is completely gutted about her essay today, she needs a study partner," Shad says, winking at Jesse and I hit his chest. Jesse smiles at me which sends butterflies to my stomach. Oh, yeah, I'll definitely have to sleep with this one, I think.

"C'mere," Jesse says. I turn to Shad and hand him his drink, noticing that Jesse leans in towards Clarity, whispering in her ear. Shad refuses his cup as Jesse grabs my arm and motions me away from them, near a doorway.