Chapter 70

Raevon

I stand facing his laptop for only a second before I decide that it doesn't matter if he sees my face. I can't go back to Stonegate, not with Clint knowing that May Eve is up to something. So I turn to A.O.S. a sly smile playing at my lips as I remove the hood to my dark jacket. The blond-haired man stands before me, his piercing blue eyes study me, the blue of the ocean. His brows are brought together, glaring at me; he stands tall, dressed in dark jeans and a simple white t-shirt, his hair is slightly messy as if he has just gotten out of bed. His fist grips the handle of a Glock 43 but behind all this I see hesitation in his eyes. He is innocent. He's never killed anyone before.

"I'll give you two options: give me the files and I won't kill you, refuse and I will kill you and get the files anyway," I say. I watch his eyes fly to the laptop behind me and then back at me. His jaw clenches, the wheels in his brain spin.

"I guess you'll have to kill me," he says, right before raising the gun. I dive to the side, but I still know very well that if he had more practice, he could've hit me. Instead, it whizzes above me, crashing into the window, sending glass everywhere.

I look up to see him dash down the hall to the front door. I stand, jumping over the couch. In the middle of the air, I teleport right behind him as he opens the door. His advantage is definitely in his height, but that's the same with anyone I face. I still grab his arm, but he spins around, pulling the trigger again. I gasp; he slips from my grip as I reach up to touch my ear. I pull my hand back to see a trace of blood, all I hear is loud, high-pitched ringing, my ear screaming in pain. I don't even have time to see if he actually shot it off or just shot really close by it before I race after him, watching him climb into his Dodge Charger.

I teleport into the passenger seat. He lets out a curse, stopping in the middle of trying to shift gears. He is about to point the gun at me, but I move closer to him, grabbing his wrist that holds the gun. With as much strength as I can, I grab a lock of his hair and whack his head into his window, shattering it. The gun goes of as his eyes roll into the back of his head for just a second. The car is shifted into reverse, slowly backing out of the driveway. He grabs my hair with his free hand and suddenly slams on the brakes, shoving my head into the dashboard. Both my vision and hearing are impaired, but only for a second as I force myself over his lap, pulling on the handle of the door, forcing both our weight against it.

We fall out onto the street while the car continues to roll backwards. He gets the opportunity and pins me underneath him. He grabs both my hands, the gun left forgotten somewhere, and pins them to the rough gravel. I lift my knee, slamming it in his groin. He lets out a frustrated groan that's mixed with a swear. I wiggle from his grip and knock my elbow into his face. I quickly get the upper hand, shoving him off me and jab him in the lip. I cock my fist again when a voice rings out into the night.

"Raevon!" It's gruff, full of anger, but I'm not able to learn anything else before arms wrap around me, basically throwing me off A.O.S. He throws me so hard that I skid against the gravel, scrapping my hands.

I stand, watching A.O.S. duck in his car and pull out with incredible speed. But I don't teleport after him. Not when Desmond stands between me and my target fuming.

"Stay out of this, Desmond," I say.

"Or what?" He spits. "You gonna kill me?" My fist clench and I take a step towards him, my blood on fire.

"Do you have any idea what you're doing?!" I snap. "You're at risk of becoming an accessary to an enemy to I.O.E."

"Then kill me," he says, his voice clear, confident. I want to, he's so annoying. "It's your job, isn't it? I'm standing in your way, I just stopped you from getting what you want. Kill me. It's what Jacob would want." I let out a frustrated groan.

"This is bigger than you, Desmond!" I shout. "This will put you as a target to more than just me! It will make your entire family a target!"

"Good. Now go run to Jacob," he says, his voice still mellow, "tell him that you're too personally involved in this assignment."

"You don't even know what the hell this is about," I snap.

"That doesn't matter to me. What matters is that you were trying to kill my friend," he says. Not kill, I think. Would I be able to kill one of Desmond's friends? "So as long as I.O.E. is after him you can be assured that I will do anything possible to protect him," he says. I realize how closer he has come, and my heart begins to race. "What's it going to be, Raev? You've finally reached that point... Jacob, or me," he says. I look into his eyes, glaring at him, hating him. It doesn't have to be this way. He doesn't have to make me make this choice. And the fact that he is, is what makes my jaw clench, my heart race, my anger infect me so much I don't think I'll ever be able to recover. "Raevon!" He shouts, right as a strong breeze passes over me so quickly, I am shoved slightly to the side when I land.

My heart still pounds, blood rushes through my ears. I pace back and forth in my quarters before letting out the loudest scream I have for a long time. I feel like ripping my hair out. I grab the nearest thing to me, a lamp, and throw it to the wall, shattering it over my desk. I look out my large windows, my insides twisting to an unbearable point, but I don't vomit. I'm too pissed. I stare at where I know the entry to the military base is, hidden by the dark of the night and the trees.

It's time.

I only teleport to one location for a second before teleporting into his office. He is there. He is always there. His head lifts when I appear, his bushy brows frown at me, his critical stormy gray eyes study me, his lips in a tight line. His jaw clenches as I throw the files before him, over the work he does now.

"Completed. You won't find Johnny Barlow though. He is in Soribus, Wyoming," I say. Before he can even open his mouth, another wind passes over me, but this time I unwilling take myself back to the college. Back to where I stood only two months ago, wearing that hideous pink dress and cowboy boots. When I stare into my reflection in the glass doors, I see an entirely different person. Her hair is darker, she wears simple jeans and a hood. Her shocking green eyes stare back at me, furious. Hurt.

I've got to get out of here. It'll happen all too soon.

A/N:

I'm not exactly sure what to say...

Yes I do! Thoughts?!? Did you all expect it to go down like this?!

But we aren't done with this night. Not even close...