Chapter 62

Raevon

"He's getting careless," I whisper to myself, as I stare at the program, tracking to odd inputs that shouldn't be there. I shake my head, slightly disappointed. He is good. He is stealthy. But right now, he must've found what he was looking for. Which is what?

I travel from file to file, track his every step, knowing that I haven't yet caught up with him. But I will.

I've been at it all night since deciding to stop after Clint nearly caught me last night and it's continued to late in the morning. I don't mind. It's something I actually enjoy doing; it's almost like a puzzle. Like math.

I freeze when I see that he gathered data from a particular file.

"What would you be doing in there?" I whisper, tracking it until a picture of a young woman appears, two of them, both look a-likes but not quite identical. One, the young woman with bright blonde hair gathered in a high ponytail draws my eye. I raise a brow, recognizing her instantly. "Storm..." But I can't stop there. A.O.S. didn't stop there, even after downloaded the files on the two different women. He kept going. Subject files. This isn't as surprising. And it tells me more about him. He is definitely looking for a person. He's not interested in any locations, or the Evolution, or any type of weapon. He is looking for someone, more than one person.

And then I find it. The file he searches for. It's an older file, too old for me to have cared to research before, and yet it's one of the most interesting files, marked "loose and extremely dangerous". But the most interesting thing is the name. One I halfway recognize.

"Interesting... very interesting..." I mutter. But even after that escapee, he continues. Onto a most dangerous file. "Oh, no. He must have a death wish," I say to myself. And that's where I get him. It's another Storm, a rogue one, older than the other two but still quite young. None of them are identical but all of them have bright blonde hair. I can't help but smile. I click my tongue, noticing the information on all three files.

And then A.O.S. vanishes. But not completely. It is a pity. I was really starting to get fond of his programming skills.

I move the arrow to the most obvious icon there is. Google. It's all too easy after that.

"I guess I'll have to go to Paradise Falls, Wyoming," I say, smiling to myself. I shut my laptop down.

A/N:

Thoughts?