Chapter 80

Raevon

Johnny shakes me awake around five in the evening of the same day. I sit up, slipping the Korth Combat under my pillow and turn to see both of them standing near the windows, as if waiting for me to start telling them what the plan is. As I stand, I notice that Johnny has a hard time looking at me as well, but I'm sure he was a lot gentler waking me up than Jesse would've been.

"So, where exactly is the military base that everyone is at?" He asks, but the question is more directed to Jesse. As Jesse begins to explain it to him, I catch the imagine of Johnny's profile. My stomach twists when he glances at me, but when he sees me staring at him, he looks away. Should I tell him that Amee and his sister are the same person? I felt so stupid finding it out from Jacob. How did I not catch on myself? Now that I'm aware of it, I see multiple resemblances, including their strange Deviant eye color, their dark hair, and the shape of their eyes. I don't want to tell him, but I know that it must be on the verge of both of them finding out. Just one word from either one of them or from someone who knows what happened to Amee then it'll all be out. And Amee knows that I know her real name and she'll find out if I kept it a secret or not. But I know it'll make Johnny hate me more if I tell him the complete truth about her. I put his sister in there after she had already escaped.

"Raevon?" I hear and I pull myself from my thoughts to see both men looking at me. "What are you thinking?" Johnny asks. Jesse glares at me. I take a breath and let it out slowly.

"Johnny, Amee is your sister," I say. He stares at me for a moment before glowering at me.

"That's not funny," he says.

"I'm not trying to be funny. I discovered what happened to your sister when I tracked down A.O.S.," I say. His glare turns into a wonderment, but his brows are still knitted together.

"A.O.S.? Do you mean AceofSpades?" He asks. I nod. "You're the one that he warned me about. You were trying to kill him," he says.

"I wouldn't have killed him," I say.

"I don't believe you," Jesse says barely after I finish. I refrain from saying anything.

"How could you possibly know she's my sister? I had a background search done on her and she was clean," he says.

"That's exactly how Zhou works," I say. Then I correct myself, "worked." I see Jesse look between Johnny and I but he stays silent.

"Zhou?" Johnny says, his face starting to lighten with realization. Then he shakes his head. "That doesn't make any since. She was sold when she was eight, which would mean that she would've known her last name was Barlow, and she knew my last name was Barlow.

"I don't think she's aware of who her real father is," I say.

"She's not." Jesse states. Both Johnny and I look at him. "I've heard her talk about both her parents and... the way she talked about her dad is not the same way you talk about your dad," he says. Johnny turns to him.

"You know her most out of all of us. What happened to her? Is she really my sister?" He asks. Jesse seems conflicted at what to say.

"I'm not sure. But what Raevon says is true, for once," he spits, before turning back to Johnny. "Amee was in captivity of I.O.E. when a Chinese man, one she calls Kevin, helped her escape and built her entire identity of Amee Woods. But that's all I know. She doesn't talk about anything else."

"That's enough," Johnny says, short of breath. He pushes his sleeves up and looks out the windows, and I know he needs to be alone. I look at Jesse.

"Why didn't you tell me about Amee?" I ask him, trying not to show him how annoyed I am. He chuckles, completely humorless.

"You want to start discussing secrets, Raevon?" He says, mockingly, and at the same time it's a threat. But this type of thing can't happen again.