Chapter 59

Raevon

It's as if my world comes crashing down on me. Shad jumps from his bed so fast, but he isn't the only figure. All I can think of it an ambush. I need to get out of here. So, I do as I was trained. Ambush or not, I know the drill of what to do when seen. But Shad is too fast for my to teleport. He grabs my bicep as I step away from him. I reach over, grabbing the nearest hard thing, which happens to be his laptop. I whack it over his head. His grip is loosened as he stumbles in the pathway of Jesse, cursing. I hesitate, seeing the perfect opening to break some of his ribs. It damn near costs me everything. Shad straightens, grabbing my bicep even harder. I spin, my back facing him, and slam my elbow into the back of his head, again putting him in the path of Jesse and I. I twist from his grip, grab his wrist and the back of his neck and while he still tries to recover from the first hit, I whack his head against the bedpost. He drops to the ground, limp.

I step towards Jesse, hoping this will be quick, and try to knock him out with one punch. He blocks it. That's when I notice his height and build. This isn't Jesse.

I swing my leg to his open side, but he catches it, pinning it to his side. He grabs my bicep and lifts me off my feet, similar to how I was tossed around by Xavier. He slams me on the ground pressing his weight onto me. I catch a whiff of pine and I feel the way his muscles flex against me, I barely see the gleam in his eyes through the darkness, which unsettles me. I know he has enhanced strength, which makes this considerably harder, but how is he able to block each one of my hits? I decide to do something he wouldn't ever expect.

I throw off my hood, grip the back of his neck, and press my lips to his. He isn't shocked. Doesn't pull away. But instead opens his mouth to mine, which infuriates me more than anything, but also makes my heart race. He's a good kisser.

But still, I'm able to shove him off me just enough to squirm out from underneath him. I swing a kick to his face, which he hits away, nearly knocking me off my feet. My eyes open with realization. Son of a bitch! I scream in my head. I'm stuck in a damn time loop! Clint has two abilities?!

I let my groan out, reaching in my boot as he stands. He rushes to me and pins me against the door, but not before I press the syringe down, squirting his neck with Evolution. He makes a disgusted sound, which almost makes me laugh.

"What the hell?!" He says right before I plunge the needle into his neck, unloading the Evolution in him. He hits my hand away, swearing as he pulls the needle from his neck. I shove him away.

"Sorry, Muscles," I say, before teleporting away. That's when the déjá vu really hits me. How many times did I teleport away from him, just to have him rewind time and bring me back? I can't help the smile from coming to my face as I remember our kiss. I'm relieved to know that it most likely did shock him the first time, but I'm sort of glad he brought me back to actually continue the steamy kiss. I can't help it. I laugh.

But then I remember injecting the Evolution in him. My smile disappears. I hate it. I hate using the Evolution on another Deviant. But my stomach especially twist knowing that it was Clint that I used it on. Even though I had no choice, he most definitely would've discovered my identity, I can't help but feel I failed at another challenge. I know he never would've hurt me. He wouldn't have had it in him. Ryan's words come in my thoughts; you're just scared.

A bigger issue presents itself. Shad and Clint and whoever else is onto me. Maybe racing my way through the school wasn't the best idea, seeing that it now has caused a hole in the plan. It doesn't matter. I'm so close to being done. I'm so close to getting out of here and away from all these people that cause more emotions than just guilt to stir inside of me. Hate for myself, Doubt of Jacob and of I.O.E. The want of friendship, of sympathy. The want of knowing what it must feel like to be loved. That kiss with Clint wasn't love. It was sexy. But not love.

Wasthe kiss with Jesse love? It was rough, it was steamy, and yet it was innocent.I like innocent. It makes me almost feel innocent. It can sometimes make mefeel like what I want to be. What I could never be.

A/N:

Do we have another triangle brewing here or what? Thoughts on Raevon and Clint? Do you all want more?!😏