Chapter 57

Clint

I stare at the wall before me in complete darkness. My stomach twists as I think about the hurt in Amee's eyes every time I see her, and she tries to pretend she's unwounded every time someone is around. I don't know if it's because of me or because of the guy she said she was waiting for. That is, until Shad starts talking again. Again, it's something irrelevant and boring.

"Dude, shut up," I whisper.

"I don't see why tonight's any different than the other nights. I'm losing sleep," he says.

"The last person punctured was in thirteen B and Jesse never got the prick. It'll happen," I say. He lets out an exasperated sigh before turning away from me. I pull the blankets higher up to cover my head, knowing that whoever is causing these punctures will most likely recognize me, having already pricked me.

How could they have pricked me? I can't help but feel vulnerable knowing that my skin isn't invulnerable to something as small as a needle. Either way, I have my abilities tonight and I know, I know that the person will make an appearance. They have to. We are only four rooms down from where they left off.

Amee comes to mind again. I close my eyes, remembering the way her dress hugged her waist, her breasts. Remembering the way the slit of her dress brushed her thigh. Her thighs. I clench my jaw, remembering the dream I had that same night. I kissed her, rough and angry. We were angry at each other. Why? I pulled at her hair, attacked her neck, grabbed her ass with passion that I don't ever remember having. She was angry at me to. She tore at my shirt, ripping it off, clawing at my back. She didn't seem surprised when my skin was unharmed. That actually seemed to piss her off even more. Her fists clenched, as if she was resisting the urge to punch me.

I rub my chin, frustrated at everything, mostly myself though. I glance at Shad. He's been silent for so long that he could be asleep. I'm about to open my mouth to check but then I hear it. The smallest sound of the wind shifting. I assume that it came from outside until I see something move. Everywhere is so dark that I have to squint my eyes to peer through the blackness.

A small figure, dressed in black, seems to float through the room. When it reaches Shad's bed, I see that it's small. Small and thin. It steps one foot away from Shad's bed, seeming to falter. I smell the scent they brought in with them. The smell of rain before a storm.

I throw off my blankets and stand.

A/N:

Oh shit! This is getting intense! 🥵🥵

So, let me know... are you all still rooting for Amee and Clint? Or is that a thing of the past?😬😬😫

Vote comment share!! Thank you! 😁