Angels Don't Exist.

Angels Don't Exist.

"Clary, where are you going?" Luke asked as Clary walked through the kitchen in running gear.

"Swimming." Clary answered sarcastically.

"Clary, don't speak to people like that." Jocelyn said as she took her cup of coffee away from her lips.

"Running, I'm going running." Clary said sighing.

"Well don't be too long." Luke answered.

"I'll try not to be." Clary smiled and walked out the kitchen and down the corridor to the front door.

"Clary." Luke said running up to her before she closed the door.

"What?" Clary asked.

"Me and Jocelyn are going shopping in a bit so you can take a bit longer if you like." Luke answered. Clary knew what he was talking about.

"Thank you." Clary smiled.

***

"Jace isn't in there." Alec said as Clary went to knock on Jace's door.

"Where is he?" Clary asked.

"Where does he go when he's annoyed or upset?" Alec answered.

"Thanks Alec." Clary said and sprinted down the corridor.

***

"Leave me alone!" Jace shouted as Clary walked into the training room.

"I'll just leave then." Clary answered.

"Wait Clary." Jace said and jumped down from the bar he was balancing on.

"Oh so now you miss me." Clary smiled.

"I especially missed doing this." Jace smiled back and kissed her. Clary smiled as their lips touched and kissed him back.

"I missed you." Clary whispered as they broke away and touched their foreheads together.

"You won't believe how much I missed you and we only saw each other a few hours ago." Jace answered.

"Have Emma and Jules gone home?" Clary asked.

"No, they're sat in the library with Maryse and James because she didn't want them in my incapable hands." Jace laughed.

"You? Incapable? I've never heard of such a thing." Clary laughed.

"I know, it's despicable!" Jace answered in fake shock. "Come on, let's go to my room."

***

"Do you ever think of the future?" Clary asked as she looked at Jace and they laced their hands together.

"What do you mean?" Jace asked.

"Like, do you ever think of what's going to happen next year? Or in five years? What your life is going to be like?" Clary explained.

"No, we're Shadowhunters Clary. We can't think that far ahead. One minute we could be fine, the next, we could be gone. Forever. We have to live in the now. Not in the dread of the past or tge fear of the future." Jace answered.

"That worries me." Clary whispered.

"What does?" Jace asked.

"That one minute you could be fine, the next, you could be ripped from me and I'd never be able to see you again. It would be like you had vanished. Poof. Out of my life forever." Clary answered.

"Don't worry, my angel. I'll be here, with you for as long as I can be. I promise." Jace whispered and kissed Clary.

"You told me that angels don't exist." Clary said.

"And then I told you that I had seen one. I made an exception because tou are the most angellic being I've ever seen and that's why I love you." Jace answered and knelt on the bed. Clary did the same.

"Jace." Was all Clary whispered.

"Shh, I'm trying to say something. I love you, Clarissa Morgenstern. Without knowing it, I always have. You never grew up the way I did and I never grew up the way you did but that doesn't make any difference. It's what's in here that makes me love you," Jace pointed at Clary's heart. "I wish I could tell you that we're perfect for each other in every way but that isn't the truth. We argue and fall out and then make up but I wouldn't want to do that with anyone else because it wouldn't be the same. I love you Clarissa Morgenstern and I hope you love me back because otherwise I bought this for nothing," Jace pulled a box from his bedside cabinet and opened it. "Clarissa Morgenstern, I want to live in the now with you and for as long as we can. I don't care if people say we can't be together because I know we can. There's no other way to explain it Clary but I am in love with you. It's as simple as that. They don't give you a user manual on how to fall in love with someone but if there was and I'm sorry to say it, it would probably be based on our love because I gave never know anyone to love someone as much as I love you. So, Clarissa Morgenstern, will you do me the honour of marrying me?"