Gaming Moods & Honeymoon Phases

"Hi Clary. It's Clary, right? That's what I've got you down in my phone as anyway. I'm rambling now, sorry. I just wanted to know if you wanted to catch up sometime. Maybe go for coffee or something? Okay bye. It's Simon by the way if you didn't know. Just give me a call or whatever. See you." Clary lowered her phone from her ear as the message ended. She pulled the covers up further to keep some of the heat she had lost.

Jace flipped over and rested his head on Clary's shoulder.

"Jace...cutting off...circulation." Clary panted as Jace indirectly started to crush all her internal organs.

"Pardon? Oh sorry, I didn't mean it," Jace said as he woke with a start. "Morning gorgeous."

"What do you want?" Clary asked as she locked her phone on Simon's contact information.

"Pancakes preferably with coffee, black just like your soul." Jace smirked as he leant his head on Clary's stomach.

"Can't sorry, I seem to have someone who weighs the same as China on me." Clary answered trying to contain her laughter.

"The woman I'm marrying ladies and gentlemen. So kind and considerate." Jace commented flipping over and raising his hands to the ceiling.

"And you're the man I'm marrying, Spiderman pyjamas and all." Clary giggled as the top of Jace's Spiderman covered pyjama bottoms protruded from the covers.

"You bought me them for Christmas, I've never even watched Spiderman! Is he some sort of unknown demon?" Jace asked in an exasperated tone.

"I love it when you get confused over normal mundane things." Clary commented as she sat up in bed.

"That's what I get for falling in love with a girl who thought she was a mundane for most of her life." Jace answered.

"But aren't you glad that I'm no longer a mundane?" Clary asked rhetorically.

"Every day I thank Magnus Bane's charm for finally wearing off," Jace said. Clary turned and kissed him softly. "Always knows how to ruin a good moment, Lewis does."

Clary's phone started ringing loudly with Simon's familiar ringtone.

"Sorry, he left me a message earlier," Clary replied and picked up the phone. "Hello?"

"Hey Claryyy, right? That's a stupid thing to say that's who you are in my contacts, I'm rambling again aren't I?" Simon rambled on in a very quick way.

"Hi Simon, I only just got your voicemail. I'm good to hang out. Want to meet at Java Jones in say an hour?" Clary answered.

"Sure, sure. Java Jones. 11 o'clock. See you in a bit Clary." Simon said and the line went dead.

"Coffee date Miss Morgenstern?" An all too familiar voice asked.

"By the Angel Magnus, can you not just knock like a normal human being?" Clary said as she jumped back in shock.

"See that's where I cannot conform to knocking on the door because I'm not a human being, remember Miss Morgenstern I'm a warlock. I'm actually a pretty great warlock seeing as I'm the High Warlock of Brooklyn and all." Magnus answered as he straightened out his forest green blazer which match the rest of his three piece suit.

"Is there something you wanted?" Jace asked leaning on his elbows.

"You Mr Herondale." Magnus commented.

"Magnus, I don't know whether you realised that a) I'm straight and b) my fiancée is currently sat next to me. I'm flattered and all because who could resist this but Clary and I are happy together and I'm kind of hoping that you and Alec are as well." Jace explained seeming taken aback by Magnus' previous comment.