Familiar Faces

A/N at the end of the chapter. Please read. It's important.

Familiar Faces

"Who do you think it is?" Clary asked as her and Jace neared the library.

"I don't know I can't see through walls." Jace answered sarcastically.

"Sometimes your no help." Clary stated unwrapping her hand from his to start walking at a quicker pace so she was in front of Jace. She felt his hand wrap around her wrist and he turned her to face him.

"It's not my fault, I'm not magical." Jace said sarcastically.

"It didn't mean you had to be like that about it." Clary answered and tore her wrist free and almost sprinted to the library. She opened the door quickly and slammed it shut hoping that Jace knew he wasn't welcome to the little meeting.

"Clary, I'm glad you could make an appearance. Is Mr Herondale not joining us?" Magnus asked.

"Hopefully not," Clary mumbled. "Anyway where is this mystery person who's come to save my life?"

"If I may correct you, people." Someone said in an English accent.

"Magnus you do know the people you've asked to help?" Clary asked in a whispered voice hoping that the people didn't hear as herself and Magnus walked down the stairs.

"You know them too, not awfully well but you know them none the less." Magnus answered.

They descended down the stairs and over to the huge table that must have been dragged into the centre of the room. Clary saw two people sitting at the table having a conversation in whispered voices. Magnus cleared his throat and immediately the two people turned their heads to see what Magnus wanted. Clary recognized the faces of the two people sitting there but not well enough to place names to their identities.

"Magnus you know you really shouldn't sneak up on people like that. You've learnt that the hard way." The woman with brown lightly laughed as she stood up and brushed her skirt off.

"My apologies." Magnus chuckled.

"Miss Fray, it's awfully good to see you again. I was hoping that we wouldn't have to meet under these circumstances but life isn't always fair," The man with silver hair said extending his hand out as he stood up. Clary shook his hand lightly, smiling not wanting to give away the fact she didn't remember the man standing in front of her. "You don't remember me, do you? I wouldn't expect you to. I did look slightly different last time we met."

"I'm so sorry but I don't remember you." Clary answered as the library door opened and closed again. Footsteps came rushing down the stairs and over to where the four of them were standing. Clary knew who it was straight away and she groaned internally.

"Sorry, I hope that I didn't miss anything." Jace said trying to catch his breath. Clary didn't even look at him.

"It's no problem Mr Herondale. Brother Zachariah and Miss Gray were just re-introducing themselves to Clary." Magnus answered.

Suddenly images started flooding through Clary's mind. The wedding. Brother Zachariah. Tessa Gray. The Codex. The Herondale ring. Everything.

"Brother Zachariah? Tessa Gray?" Clary asked.

"The very people Miss Fray." Brother Zachariah said.

"I'm surprised you recognized me. To be fair I hardly recognized you Clary, you've changed so much after these last few months. I won't ask you how you've been seeing as we wouldn't be here if you were fine. I will ask you though about the Codex I gave you, has it come in useful?" Tessa answered.