Buffy Makes An Appearance

Ring. Ring. Ring. Ring. Ring.

"Hey...Clary. That's it, hey Clary." Simon said as he picked up the phone.

"Hey Simon, what's up?" Clary said pressing the phone to her ear as hard as possible to try and block out the music.

"I'm lost." Simon answered. Clary giggled, that was one of the things that made Clary laugh about Simon. Even if you gave him directions he'd still get lost. He still sometimes got lost when going to Java Jones.

"Okay, do you know where you are exactly?" Clary asked a smile breaking onto her face.

"Yeah, I'm stood outside this house. It's got lots of weird statues outside of it and the music is really loud and there's this restaurant across from me," Simon said. Clary started laughing now. "Hey Fray, this isn't funny."

"Simon, you're stood outside of Magnus' house." Clary laughed, she didn't even care that Simon had called her Fray. After all he'd been through Clary had decided that Simon was allowed to call her by her old last name until he decided he could handle the name change.

"Okay haha, very funny. Just because you've been to a thousand parties here. I'll see you in a minute." Simon answered and the line went dead.

"Is everything okay?" Jace asked popping his head around the door.

"Simon thought he was lost but he's actually outside," Clary answered slipping her phone back into her jacket. They both walked back out to the party which was still in full swing. "How long do Magnus' parties normally last?"

"Until dawn but there was a rumor that once he threw a party which lasted three weeks which if this is Magnus Bane we're talking about I wouldn't be surprised." Jace said leading Clary back onto the dance floor but as he did Clary caught a glimpse of a boy with glasses and a curly brown mop of hair on his head.

"SIMON!" Clary all but screamed.

"FRAY!" Simon answered shouting over the music.

It was as if happened in slow motion the running, running, running and the embrace that Simon and Clary ended up in.

"I've missed you Fray." Simon said to Clary.

"Missed you too Simon." Clary grinned and it was true over the past few weeks both Simon and Clary's lives had been hectic. Between Simon's band getting more and more gigs and Clary's engagement and her fainting episodes they'd only bumped into each other once; which resulted in Simon spilling coffee all over Clary's leathers seeing as they'd literally bumped into each other.

"Izzy's round here somewhere." Clary told him. He looked confused for a moment.

"Ahh yeah, Izzy. Do you know where Izzy is?" Simon asked putting emphasis on Izzy's name the second time as if he was trying to imprint it into his mind. That's what Simon did quite regularly; both repeated and emphasised people's names to remember them.

"SIMON!" Was the next thing the both of them heard. Both Clary and Simon whipped their heads round to she the slinky figure bounded towards them. Clary slipped away as Izzy and Simon threw their arms around each other. Two hands landed themselves on either side of Clary's hips. She spun round expecting to find the familiar golden haired, golden eyed boy that she loved ever so dearly stood in front of her.

"Let's dance." The vampire said to Clary who was taking the place of the boy who should've been in front of her.

"I'm okay. I'm with my fiancé." Clary told the vampire.

"Listen girly-"

"Get off her you blood sucking creep!" Jace shouted pushing the vampire away from Clary. The two of the stood chest to chest.

"I have a slight issue with the two of you at the moment. You're ruining my most fabulous party so will you both either step outside or just leave each other alone." Magnus commented as he strutted over to where Jace, Clary and the vampire were stood. Magnus somehow easily pushed Jace back creating some space between him and the vampire. Everyone at the party was looking at what was happening.

Clary could see Jace slowly pulling out a blade, Nakir. Clary didn't even know that Jace had brought a Serpah blade. Slowly Izzy and Alec snuck to the front of the crowd with blades in their hands as well, Gabriel and Malik.

"Du'sien demon." Jace whispered.

Clary had read about Du'sien demon's the other day; they were shape-shifting demons whose true form was abstract and irregular, like a greenish-grey blob with a glowing black core. Shape-shifting; that's why the demon looked like a vampire. It was taking the shape of something else rather than it's true form.

"Now I'm afraid that these Shadowhunters are my friends so it'll be you who has to leave." Magnus continued to talk to the shape-shifting demon . He was holding up his palm behind his back to Jace. Wait.

"I'm not leaving unless she is." The demon answered.

"Well that's going to be an issue because Miss Morgenstern won't be leaving to go to the same place as you." Magnus said to the demon and stepped out the way.

"Nakir!" Jace shouted.

"Gabriel!" Izzy shouted.

"Malik!" Alec shouted in sync. The blades came to life; growing and glowing a bright white colour like they always did. Jace, Izzy and Alec threw the blades at the same time. Almost as quickly as the demon had appeared it was gone; a cloud of smoke was the only thing left to show that the demon had been there.

"Now if there are anything other demons planning on trying to ruin my party show yourself now otherwise can we carry on with the party? I didn't invite you all over to stand round all night." Magnus announced and left the middle of the room pulling Alec with him. The thumping music was turned up and the party carried on as if there hadn't just been a demon-Shadowhunter show down.