If There's One Thing The Warlock Can Do.

"You're not serious." Clary said to Izzy as she walked out in what felt like the 50th outfit she'd tried on.

"Look we go through this every time we go to one of Magnus' parties. You look hot so just go with it, okay?" Izzy answered as she ran some eyeliner over her eyelids.

"But-" Clary started.

"No buts, just can you please trust my judgement for once? Just this one time?" Izzy cut her off holding a pair of black heels out to Clary.

"Fine then," Clary answered taking the shoes from Izzy's hands and slipping them on. "Satisfied?"

"Definitely, just throw this on and you're done." Izzy smiled handing Clary a skin tight black leather jacket.

"Thanks." Clary smiled back taking it off her and slipping it on. Izzy opened the door to her bedroom stepping out the way to let Clary past. They exited the room and walked down to the elevator together. The boys weren't there.

"Oh and who is it that apparently take twice as long to get ready?" Izzy asked rhetorically and started pacing back and forth as Clary sat down.

"Izzy you're probably the most impatient person I've ever met." Clary commented taking her phone out and scrolling through a text conversation between her and Simon.

Since Edom Clary and Simon had begun to rekindle their friendship and even though there were still some blanks Clary had to fill in from time to time they were getting back on track.

"Is Simon coming tonight?" Clary asked.

"I don't know, he said he might show up but who knows with Simon? Sometimes he doesn't even remember my name." Izzy answered. Clary could see Izzy's face fall. 

Seeing as Izzy and Simon's relationship had been an odd one before Edom so after everything had happened Izzy and Simon had decided to take a break until Simon was stable enough for a real relationship. It was difficult enough for him to have a normal relationship let alone a relationship with a Shadowhunter.

"Miss Lightwood, I'm afraid that if you keep your face in that position for any longer it will freeze like that." Magnus' voice carried down the corridor as himself, Alec and Jace strolled towards them.

"Shut up Magnus." Izzy commented.

"Come on Iz, lighten up." Jace grinned.

"Whatever." Izzy answered and went over to stand next to the elevator.

"Miss Lightwood we won't be travelling the mundane way tonight." Magnus told Izzy as he started conjuring up something Clary had only seen him do once; a portal.

Clary stood up sliding her phone into the borrowed leather jacket and stood in between Izzy and Jace. Just as the portal started to come to life Jace grabbed Clary's hand and kissed it.

"You look really beautiful." Jace whispered and then the Institute disappeared around them.

***

Werewolves. Vampires. Faeries. Warlocks. Every single Downworlder possible attended Magnus Bane's party. Four Shadowhunter's that whenever there was a party at the Bane Residence they would be there, dressed in black as always.

"Do you want a drink?" Jace asked close to Clary's ear over the thumping music.

"Yes please." Clary answered bringing her lips close to Jace's ear. She kissed his cheek before he left.

"Clary Fray." Someone said from behind Clary. She whipped round probably hitting the person in the face with her hair.

Stood in front of her was someone she didn't recognize. He had turquoise blue hair which looked more fluorescent in the lighting. His eyes looked almost black and the colour of his skin was an off purple-ish colour. Clary knew he was a warlock straight away.

"Sorry, do I know you?" Clary asked.

"No but everyone including myself knows who you are." The young warlock answered. He looked as if he was in his twenties but Clary knew the look of a warlock was nothing to base age on.

"Ahh that would be why then. It's actually Clary Morgenstern." Clary corrected him.

"My apologies, Clary Morgenstern." The warlock smiled flashing Clary his bright white teeth.

"Not to be rude but was there something that you needed?" Clary asked.

"Yes there was actually. Magnus Bane was telling me that you were having some difficulties surrounding your health and he asked me to possibly help you along with himself." The warlock answered.

"Who's this?" Jace asked as he handed Clary a drink which was a vibrant pink colour.

"I didn't actually quite catch your name." Clary said.

"Isaac. Isaac Degray." The warlock smiled holding his hand out to Jace. He shook it wearily.

"Anyway, Isaac here was just telling me that he could maybe help with my fainting problem along with the help of Magnus." Clary explained.

"Yes I was just about to invite Clary somewhere more private to discuss it. Feel free to join us Mr Herondale." Isaac said.

"Isaac, I was just wondering whether it was possible that maybe we could talk tomorrow. There's a diner we like to go to called Taki's we could meet there." Clary answered.

"Of course that's possible. I'm in town for the rest of the month so I'm sure we'll all be seeing a lot more of each other. I'll leave you two to your evening. It was nice to meet you Clary Morgenstern. Until next time Jace Herondale." Isaac replied and disappeared swiftly after.

"Come on Clary, I didn't come here to stand around all night." Jace said in Clary's ear slipping his hand into hers. He pulled her onto the dance floor.

***

If there was one thing Magnus Bane could do it was throw a great party.  

"Do you want another one?" Clary shouted at Jace over the music that seemed to be getting and louder by the second.

"Yes!" Jace shouted back and Clary disappeared to the bar that was always in the same place when Magnus had a party.

"Can I get two of them pink drinks?" Clary asked one of the bartenders with bright pink hair. She immediately started conjuring up two of the drinks. Three minutes later Clary was making her way back to the dance floor with the pink drinks in hand. After a few minutes of searching Clary found Jace.

"Here you go!" Clary shouted handing Jace one of the drinks.

"Thank you!" Jace answered and kissed Clary's cheek before downing half the drink. "What's the time?"

"Half twelve!" Clary said quickly checking her phone. That's when she saw the three missed calls from Simon. "I'll be back in a minute!"

"Miss Fray, is there a problem?" Magnus asked. The music surrounding Magnus seemed a lot quieter as if he was in another state so he couldn't hear it properly.

"Is their somewhere I can make a call?" Clary said.

"Down the hall." Magnus answered pointing in a general direction before grabbing Alec, who was going on about something pointless, by the collar and smashing their lips together. It was in-captivating to watch almost, to see how much Magnus and Alec really loved each other even if they were both likely intoxicated, then Clary remembered what she was doing. She left the two of them to their make out session and walked down the hallway where the music became slightly more muted.

Okay maybe there were two things that Magnus Bane could do; party and kiss the hell out of his boyfriend....