A Shadowhunter's Panic & A Warlock's Anger

"Alec, will you please tell us what's wrong?" Izzy asked as Alec slammed the front door to the Institute open and stormed up the stairs, completely bypassing the elevator.

Izzy, Clary and Jace followed him up the stairs. Clary slightly behind the other two Shadowhunters following Alec. Even though Clary was still undergoing Shadowhunter training she still wasn't quite up to speed with the three Shadowhunters who had been training since they were children.

"Alec!" Izzy shouted as he slammed his way into his bedroom. The three followed him in.

Clary looked around Alec's pristine, perfect room with its dark sheets, dark walls and dark curtains. The only light coming from the room was the witchlight lamp on his bedside table. Scattered around the room were pictures of Alec and Magnus.

Alec picked up the bin from the corner of his room and started throwing all the pictures into the bin.

Not only did he then start throwing photos in the bin but also other things to do with Magnus; clothing items Magnus had bought Alec, presents from birthdays and random occasions, and letters written back and forth between the pair.

"Alec stop." It was Jace who tried to stop his parabatai's current state. Clary stood just looking on with an extremely worried look plastered across her face.

Alec seemed so determined to throw anything away which reminded him of Magnus that he started tearing his shirt off and threw that in the bin as well. It was now overflowing.

The black haired, blue eyed Shadowhunter who seemed so consumed with rage set about throwing every fragile, breakable item at the nearest wall.

"ALEC!" Izzy shouted at Alec who was continuing his rampage. He still didn't answer, it was as if he was in his own world.

"ALEXANDER GIDEON LIGHTWOOD!" Izzy screamed at the top of her lungs. Alec was letting go of the witchlight lamp. As it hit the ground it smashed into a million tiny pieces. Clary took out her witchlight in order to cast some better light in the room instead of the small glow the lights in the corridor were providing.

"HE ASKED ME TO MOVE IN WITH HIM!" Alec screamed back as he sunk to the floor letting the contents of the bin spill over.

Izzy and Clary took a small intake of breath but then slowly made their way over to Alec who was sat in a pile on the floor. They took either side of Alec and sunk to the floor with him but not before pushing all the photos away from them, so they wouldn't ruin any.

"What do you mean?" Clary asked.

"When Magnus and I left the party we were in his library. He told me that it got lonely in his apartment and told me there was enough space for two. Then he asked if I wanted to move in with him." Alec explained visibly upset.

"But Alec that's wonderful news." Izzy commented.

"I agree with Iz, isn't that a step forward in your relationship?" Jace asked crouching down in front of Alec.

"Exactly, I don't think I can go any further! Because the next step is marrying him and I can't do that, it's not allowed." Alec answered his voice become quieter.

"Alec..." Izzy started.

"I just want to be alone right now. Please." Alec whispered, placing his head in his hands.

Without so much as another word Jace and Izzy left the room. Clary took longer but when she went to get up Alec grabbed her wrist indicting that he wanted her to stay.