Waking Up Is The Worst Part

"Clary?" A voice said through the darkness.

"Who is it? What do you want?" Clary answered in panic.

"Clary, I don't have long. You've got to use it." The voice said. Clary felt as if it was a voice she'd heard before.

"Use what? I don't understand. Who are you? What do you want with me?" Clary asked.

"The rune. You have to use it, I can't tell you why but you have to use it." The voice answered.

"I don't understand, what do you  want?" Clary asked.

"I can't tell you, I'm sorry." The voice said. It was coming closer and closer, becoming more and more familiar.

"Who are you?" Clary asked again.

"I don't have long they're coming for me."

"Who's coming for you? What do you mean? Please just tell me."

"Sister, I love you." The voice whispered close enough that Clary could feel the breath of the person it belonged to; Jonathan.

"I love you too, brother." Clary whispered back.

***

"I think she's waking up! Izzy go get Magnus!" Someone shouted. Clary knew it was Jace straight away but she didn't open her eyes. She wanted to relive what she had just heard. Jonathan's voice. After a few moments Clary slowly opened her eyes. "Clary." Jace whispered whilst running his fingers through her damp hair.

"Where-where am I?" Clary asked in a hoarse voice. She tried to sit up but Jace lay her back down.

"You're in the infirmary." Jace answered.

"Why? I don't understand." Clary said.

"You kind of passed our in the shower and hit your head. You wouldn't wake up though, you just kept shaking and mumbling these words over and over again." Jace replied.

"What did I say?" Clary asked looking over at Jace.

"That you needed to help him. You needed to help Jonathan with something." Jace whispered.

"Is she awake? I don't have all day you know. I have a party planned for half seven, it's now half five. I need my time to get ready. Alexander, are you coming to the party?" Magnus' familiar voice echoed through the room.

"I-erm-do you want-and-what..." Alec trailed off.

"I take that as a no." Magnus answered.

"We called Magnus." Jace chuckled.

"I guessed that." Clary giggled.

"Clary, why in the world are you only dressed in a bra and skin tight jeans?" Magnus asked as everyone hovered around her.

"Who cares?" Izzy said.

"Erm-well-I kind of-and we..." Clary trailed off.

"You were in the shower having a hot make out session after fighting a young English boy with Jace when you fainted and started shaking and mumbling?" Magnus asked.