Tea In Peru Might Not Be On The Agenda

"Come on Mr Grumpy Pants." Clary whispered in Jace's ear. She'd been trying to wake him up for twenty minutes but he kept pulling the white sheets over his head.

"Ten more minutes." Jace mumbled.

"You said that ten minutes ago and then ten minutes before that. Do you want come meet Isaac with me or not?" Clary asked.

"Who the hell is Ian?" Jace said.

"Isaac Degray. The warlock we met last night, the one that said that he and Magnus can completely stop my fainting episodes all together." Clary explained.

"Turquoise hair? Black eyes? Off purple-ish skin?" Jace asked.

"The one and only." Clary answered.

"Okay give me twenty minutes?" Jace said.

"To sleep or to get ready?" Clary asked.

"You'll find out in twenty minutes." Jace smirked and buried his head under the pillows.

It was twenty more minutes to sleep a further forty to get ready.

***

Jace and Clary finally made it to Taki's at eleven o'clock. It didn't look very busy in there but sat at the back of the diner was Magnus and his companion Isaac Degray. They were conversing over a pot of steaming tea.

"Miss Morgenstern, Mr Herondale how lovely of you to join us." Magnus remarked as Clary and Jace sank into the opposite side of the booth.

"Good morning to you too Magnus." Clary smiled. Even though Clary knew that the party had gone on long after she and Jace had left Magnus looked as if he'd slept the whole night through along with Isaac.

"Hello Clary, Jace. Lovely to see you both," Isaac smiled at both Jace and Clary. "Do you want some tea? Awfully busy in here, don't you think? Maybe we could go somewhere quieter. How about London? Or maybe Rome? How about Peru?"

"Isaac, you know we can't go to Peru." Magnus commented.

"Sorry Magnus." Isaac answered.

"Here's fine, really." Clary told the two of them.

"Ahh yes sorry, almost forgot you were here," Isaac smiled. "Anyway, your fainting episodes."

"My fainting episodes." Clary confirmed.

"Kaelie?" Jace said as Kaelie, the waitress in Taki's walked past their table.

"What's up Jace? Do you need something?" Kaelie asked.

"Yeah can I get some extra strong coffee and a roast beef sandwich?" Jace answered.

"Sure," Kaelie smiled. "Clary, did you want anything?"

"No thanks, I'm good." Clary smiled and with that Kaelie went to the back of the diner to give the chef Jace's order.

"Are you quite done now Mr Herondale?" Magnus asked. Jace nodded.

"Anyway Clary, Magnus was telling me about your fainting episode and these dreams you've had. I think that the whole reason you're fainting is because of these dreams. It seems as if you're halfway between this world and your dream world. The dreams take too much toll on your body so your body basically shuts down to re-energize itself. With a simple spell performed by myself and Magnus your episodes by taking away the dreams. It's highly likely that now that the Heavenly Fire is out of your system you won't have these episodes but we can't be sure. I've been in contact with-" Isaac explained.