Secrets?

Secrets?

"Are you serious, Clary?" Izzy asked trying not to burst out laughing. When Clary had first come to the Institute with Jace and Simon, Izzy hadn't taken to her but after a while she had seen how happy Clary made Jace so she tried to be friendly.

"Yes Izzy! That's it. Why?" Clary asked. She felt her cheeks flushing.

"Well, I just expected that you know." Izzy said.

"NO! I DON'T KNOW IZZY! I'M NOT A MIND READER SO IT WOULD BE REALLY HELPFUL IF YOU TOLD ME!" Clary shouted her patience wearing thin. She felt her fingernails digging into her palms. 

"That you'd already slept together." Izzy said looking at her palms looking hurt.

"Izzy I'm sorry. I shouldn't have been so harsh. And no technically we haven't. We slept in the same bed and we almost slept together but Jace was like possessed at the time." Clary said.

"Well if you're scared tell him or tell him you don't want to sleep with him." Izzy said.

"Yeah, I'll do that," Clary said. "Thanks Izzy." Clary said opening the door and walking out leaving Izzy tidying away all the clothes on her bed. Clary walked down the cold halls of the Institute rubbing her red palms together. Before she had even looked up she was in front of Jace's bedroom. She took a deep breathe and opened the door proudly.

"Jace Wayland Morgenstern Herondale Lightwood I don't want to sleep with you." Clary said head held high.

"Well that's good considering a) I'm gay and b) I don't want to sleep with you either." Sitting on the bed in one of his old black sweaters.                                                                    
 "Alec....I'm sorry that wasn't meant for you." Clary said feeling herself blush.                                               

"Well that's a relief you're not really my type. Jace went into the bathroom he said he'd be out in a minute." Alec said getting up off the bed and walking past Clary without a glance back at her. Clary felt utterly stupid. She held her head in her hands.

"Having fun with my brother?" Jace asked sarcastically standing in the doorway of the bathroom with a pair of black pyjama pants on his hips. Clary could see the white scars all over his chest and abdomen from old runes. He was stunningly beautiful.

"Why jealous?" Clary asked walking over to Jace putting her hand on his chest. She kissed him standing up on her tiptoes.

"Wait I thought you didn't want to sleep with me." Jace said holding her shoulders.

"Maybe I can be persuaded." Clary said locking her hands around his neck. Jace bent down and kissed Clary on her forehead. Her cheek. Hard on her neck. Not missing any part of her except her lips almost as if he was waiting to kiss her, to savour the moment. He kissed her passionately. 

"You know why I didn't want a stupid birthday party? No offense or anything. It was a good party." Jace said.

"Why?" Clary asked pulling him onto the bed. Peeling off her jacket.                                                  

"Because I love you. I cherish every moment with you." Jace said kissing her neck.      

"Well I'm awfully flattered Mr Wayland Morgenstern Herondale Lightwood." Clary said moving swiftly onto his lap. Since her Shadowhunter training had began she hadn't been as clumsy.

"I love you Miss Fray." Jace said. Clary placed her hands carefully on Jace's body as if he were as fragile as a butterfly. One on his heart and one on his perfect stomach. They kissed as Clary pushed him onto his back. All that was between them was two layers of clothing. Jace slipped his hands underneath Clary's shirt. Clary batted his hands away and slipped hers to the bottom of it. Jace's eyes widened   

"Clary are you sure you want to do this?" Jace asked his head in among the pillows. Clary took a long deep breath.

"I've never been more sure."