Now This Is The Fun Part Or Not

"And that's the training room but it's not that important." Jace said smirking as he and Clary led Jules, Emma and James down the corridors of the Institute.

"Are you kidding me? Of course it's important! Clary can we please go in there for a bit?" Emma pleaded as her and Jules ran in front of Clary and Jace.

"What do you think love? Should we go in for a bit?" Jace smirked down at Clary.

"I guess we could spare a few minutes." Clary smiled back.

"Okay, now this is my promised land. Some people think that Idris is the promised land for all Shadowhunters but it isn't. Well not for me anyway." Jace said as he opened the doors to the training room.

Emma and Jules ran in and James lazily swaggered in. Before Jace could walk into the room Clary pulled him aside. She pressed her lips against his and tangled her fingers in his hair to pull him closer. After a few moments which didn't feel long enough Jace pulled away.

"What was that for?" He asked. Clary smirked.

"Because I can." She answered.

"Very clever, red." Jace replied.

"I'm actually quite clever, blondie. Now come on." Clary said linking her hand in Jace's.

"Why?" Jace asked, dropping Clary's hand. She was momentarily disappointed but then he wrapped his arm around her waist.

"Because I don't want Jules or Emma or even that James guy walking out and finding us making out, do you?" Clary stated. Jace sighed.

"I guess you have a point." Jace said and pulled Clary into the training room. Emma ran over to them as soon as they stepped over the threshold.

"Jace, can you come show me and Jules how to block defensively during battle?" Emma asked smiling brightly. Jace looked at Clary.

"Go have fun, Mr teacher. I'll watch." Clary answered and pushed Jace away.

"You'll just be watching all this !" Jace shouted pointing at his body as he ran over to the other side of the massive room.

"In your dreams!" Clary shouted back smiling.

"No, it's my reality!" Jace answered and started to help Jules and Emma. Clary laughed.

"My boyfriend everyone." Clary whispered as she lent against the wall.

"Is definitely something else." Someone answered. Clary turned her head to she James leaning on the wall next to her.

"He sure is but in a good way." Clary answered.

"Sure." James replied.

"Anyway, what's up with the English accent? Faking it so you sound more intelligent?" Clary asked.

"No, born and bred in the London Institute." He smiled.

"What are you doing with kids from the Los Angeles Institute?" Clary questioned.

"Parents died protecting the Adamant Citadel so when Julian's uncle, Arthur Blackthorn, you know him right?"

"Not personally but yeah." Clary answered.

"Anyway, when he was asked to come to the Los Angeles Institute I asked if I could go with him. New start and all." James finished.

"Sorry about your parents." Clary whispered.

"It wasn't your fault, Miss Morgenstern." James answered.

"That isn't my last name." Clary said.