Redemptions and Character Development Galore in Jujutsu Kaisen's JunpeiLivesAU!

AU Bio: 

An LMtCE AU, which can have main canon divergences (variations):

- Junpei chooses not to go through with revenge. 

- Junpei stops before Mahito gets there. 

- Junpei is saved thanks to Gojou Satoru.

- The jellyfish stops Mahito before he can hurt Junpei, and gets hurt but Junpei takes care of it.

- Yuji punches Mahito away before he can hurt Junpei.

Either way, it ends with Junpei retaining his cursed energy and joining Yuji in Jujutsu High, giving Junpei a redemption arc like no other while searching for the person who killed his mom and helping Yuji find all the fingers of Sukuna. 

Possible Pairings (to be added): 

Yuji X Junpei

Plotlines (so far):

1. Junpei joins Jujutsu and appears when Yuji returns as well, having trained with him before the goodwill event.

2. He ends up helping them a lot during the Hanami fight, recognising her as Mahito's friend. He fights with Todo and Yuji, helping them with his Shikigami, which had switched sides to join him.

3. He then watches the baseball match due to recovering from overuse of his power. 

4. He joins the others at the bridge, but volunteers to keep an eye on Megumi's old classmate. 

5. He isn't promoted, but Yuji tells him it's okay; he'll grow and join them. At that, he blushes, which Nobara teases him about to this day. 

Characters: 

1. Yoshino Junpei => Used to be a Curse User, but made peace with himself and became a Jujutsu Sorcerer, moving into Jujutsu High to find out who killed his mom. His rage and self-hatred are great fuels for his cursed energy, but he is also very kind and a movie geek. He seems to know a lot about caring for Shikuiragaemi (the name of the Shikigami Mahito gave him), but he also works hard to redeem himself so he would be able to be proud enough to help Yuji in his battles.

2. Itadori Yuji => Sukuna's vessel, became a Jujutsu Sorcerer because of his grandfather's words, met Junpei during a case and became friends with him. He was thought to be dead until the Kyoto Goodwill Event, and is shown to get along well with Junpei, who he considers a close friend. He is normally described as excitable, very upbeat, and gifted with amazing physical strength.

3. Fushiguro Megumi =>  A Jujutsu Sorcerer. He was saved by Yuji eating Sukuna's finger, which makes him feel guilty, but he doesn't let it show as he is a tsundere, but he cares for his friends and family (sister) immensely. He is related to the Zen'ins, and so he can summon ten shadow Shikigami to help him in battle. He is also good with fighting using weapons, having been taught by Maki, and has quiet respect for Gojou. He and Nobara help Junpei get used to life in Jujutsu High.  

4. Kugisaki Nobara => A Jujutsu Sorcerer and a fellow first-year at Jujutsu High. Her weapons are nails and a hammer, which she uses to attack her enemies without mercy. She tends to think highly of herself, but it conceals a pain from her past. She also cares for her friends, though not many people would be able to see that. She is also quite brutal when it comes to fighting. She is the only female first year.

5. Zen'in Maki => A second-year Jujutsu Sorcerer who is a great fighter despite her lack of cursed energy. She is strict, though it's a result of her own harsh upbringing. She does her best to help her friends, and she grows close to Junpei because he had no cursed energy as well, teaching him certain things like weapon mastery and how to work with his Shikigami, which helps him fight more efficiently. She considers him the little brother she never had. 

6. Panda => An Abrupt Mutated Cursed Corpse created by the headmaster of the high school, he is a second year who has three cores, which he can access when the Panda core is down. He tends to be the comedic member of the second-year group, with Toge joining in whenever he feels like it. He can be serious in combat, though, and he managed to take down Mechamaru; a sign of how strong he can be. He usually fights with blue knuckle bracers which ironically have pandas on them. He helps Junpei with the martial art side of things. 

7. Inumaki Toge => A second year Jujutsu Sorcerer at Jujutsu High, his Cursed Technique restricts him to speaking in what Junpei had jokingly called "Onumaki Language (a mix of Inumaki and Onigiri)", a language where he says onigiri flavours that somewhat match certain words. He is a quiet but innocent sempai, who joins Panda in his skits once in a while, but his power is amazingly powerful. However, overuse of this may cause him to cough out blood. He ends up teaching Junpei and Yuji how to speak sign language and codes they can use for missions. 

8. Gojou Satoru => A powerful Jujutsu Sorcerer and a teacher at Jujutsu High, he is Yuji and Junpei's surrogate father (well, he calls himself that) who teaches them what they need to know as Jujutsu Sorcerers. His Cursed Technique restricts him from allowing his shiny blue eyes to be seen, so he usually wears a blindfold over them. He's a very playful and easygoing person, but when the time asks for it he will get serious, and he is not a person to anger. 

9. Todo Aoi => A third year at the Kyoto branch of the high school, he begins to get along with Yuji after he reveals that he likes the same kind of people he does. While he is hostile to the other first-years at first, Yuji gets mad at him for judging people like that during his first fight against him, which helps him realise his faults, and he begins to get along with the others, even though it is still a long way to go. He is also shown to be quite close with Junpei, calling him the youngest of the trio. The three can be seen bonding before Aoi leaves to return to Kyoto, though they have a group chat just for the three of them.

10. Nanami Kento => An alumni of Jujutsu High, he is a Jujutsu Sorcerer who is eccentric, preferring to go off work at certain times, and acting as Satoru's foil of sorts. He is cool, serious and straightforward, though he has a soft spot for Yuji and Junpei, who he calls trouble twins due to the amount of chaos they could get into without supervision. However, he still treats them kindly, and smiles more often around them.