More Gay/Lesbian Shenanigans Happen in the KohaHika SatoGou Place Switch AU

AU Bio: 

An AU where Koharu and Hikari meet on a Legendary Pokemon instead of Satoshi and Gou, and they end up traveling all over the world to find Koharu's calling while Hikari participates in Contests to become a Top Performer. It is inspired by koharuchloe on Tumblr.

Pairings: 

Koharu x Hikari (BloomingBubbleShipping)

Plot: 

Koharu is visiting Sinnoh with her dad to get more research on Pokemon when they hear of a Legendary Pokemon's appearance. Koharu is slightly intrigued, and goes with Wanpachi to investigate.  They chase Lugia down and try to get onto him, meeting Hikari and Pochama in the process as they begin to bond on Lugia before being dropped off at a forest, where they get to know each other as they head back to Professor Sakuragi. Upon showing what they got, Professor Sakuragi offers a spot in the Institute as research fellows. While Koharu is apprehensive at first, Hikari accepts it on the condition that she will be allowed to join Contests. They get to stay in a room like Satoshi and Gou, only not a bunk bedroom, but a twin bedroom, because they're girls, and they look forward to their adventures. 

Hikari and Koharu's first investigation leads them to the Sinnoh region to look into strange phenomenons there. However, they get into a fight due to how laidback Hikari is, while Koharu wants to get through the mission as soon as possible. Despite that, they eventually get back on track and get to bond more. When they are attacked by Cyrus, Hikari shields Koharu from him and has her team take him out, which causes Koharu to begin falling for her. Afterwards Hikari is introduced to Gou, Koharu's childhood friend. 

Their next adventure leads them to the Galar region, where, much to Hikari's disappointment, there are no Contests, Performances of the sort. However, it is soon replaced by her amazement at this region as they look into Daimaxing, the reason they came to Galar. While heading to a Wild Area in Lateral Town, their train stops by Arabesque Town, where they try out the food there. Afterwards, they end up wandering off as Koharu hears a voice calling to her. This leads them to a Galarian Ponyta, and they promise to help it heal the Galarian Gallop. While they struggle at first, they eventually heal the Gallop, and Ponyta insists on being Koharu's partner afterwards. Koharu accepts the Ponyta, and is a bit excited about having her first partner before they head to the Wild Area of Knuckle City, ready to take on their mission at last. 

They get to see Kyodaimax with their own eyes as they come across a Wooloo being Kyodaimaxed. However, the Wooloo covers some train tracks, making the two work together to get it off the tracks. After saving the train, the two are relieved, and eventually return to the lab to report their findings with Koharu explaining the Ponyta's presence.

Eventually, they go on many adventures, even getting to meet Takeshi when they go to Nibi City for some errands, although Hikari continually speaks of her friend Satoshi, who's apparently travelling in Galar. They finally meet during the Black Night, when Koharu helps Poplar battle the Kyodaimaxed Pokemon while Hikari investigates with Sonia. Dande thanks Koharu for the help while Satoshi is excited to see someone his age. Later on, they help in the battle against Mugendaina, with Hikari and Satoshi recognising each other and being happy to see each other again. Later on, Satoshi joins them in the research lab, having won the Galarian league before the Darkest Day happened, and meets Gou. 

Hikari and Koharu continue to go on many adventures, of course, and Koharu then meets an Eevee who joins her team with Wanpachi, who at some point evolved into Pulsewan, alongside a Kairyuu from Kairyuu Island, her Ponyta who's now a Gallop, a Messon who's evolved into an Inteleon, and a Fushigidane. As Hikari continues to win Contests, Koharu finally realises she's in love with Hikari, and confesses to her at dawn. Hikari accepts her feelings, and the two begin to date, with Hikari becoming a great Performer while Koharu finally finds her calling; to help Pokemon, thus becoming a Pokemon Counsellor to help them understand themselves AND Pokemon.

(If you have any suggestions for this AU, do comment below!)