I really Needed this Super 10 Rewrite

Okay, so I'm only halfway in and I'm ready to rewrite this whole thing. So let's go.

First of all, I'm keeping Skyla and Benji the way they are. They're already good.

Now the main problems I have with this series are Aiden, stupid obsessive Dr. Bolt, and the entire thing with the super stones.

Aiden O'Connor

Okay, he is a lovable kid with the motto of "Never give up!" written all over him, but other than that his character is bleh. I think that if done right, Aiden could be a great character. I've watched Chinese cartoons myself, and they have had great story plots with amazing character arcs. I can't figure out just why this one falls short. (Maybe it's because they didn't think of the story and just wanted the money but I don't want to judge.)

Aiden is definitely not a brain like his two friends, so what if we make him the emotionally smart one? It will show kids that there is more than IQ and being good at counting and planning. Give them the confidence to step up and find the strength to build up their own superpower. When Skyla and Benji need support, Aiden will come to their aid and use his EI to guide them through the obstacles. Wise emotionally, just not intellectually. 

Another thing I would love to see would be Aiden struggling with PTSD from everything he's witnessed prior to meeting Tyrannus. He would only know of the Metalions (who the heck wants to use Superions-) through his grandfather, so perhaps he wanted to be friends with them. Too bad Anacondis cut that short and killed them. Reason Skyla and Benji were not affected is because they didn't have any personal connections like how Aiden did. 

Not to mention a gender struggle. Elon is definitely not thoroughly male and my headcanon is that he's gender fluid. Why not give Aiden the same struggle? Not just with having an LGBTQ member in the family but also being a member on his own. It will be an awesome way to educate kids to accept those different from them, although thinking about it, this came from China one of the more anti-LGBTQ countries, so this would be pointless. Still, it would be a great arc for Aiden to grow.

A way to help Aiden grow past both the struggles I have brought up above would be to have a situation where the three time travel to Elon and Leonard's time before the Metalions left them. Yes, that would cause them to be aware of the events to come, but it would also prepare all of them for the trials to come. I think that addressing PTSD is something we need to see in cartoons. (Personally, I thought Dan from BBP should have at least gone through this after the brainwashing arc, but this isn't about Armoured Alliance.) Mental health awareness is crucial with all the stuff going on these days. Elon would probably relate to the loss due to him "losing" Theodore years prior and also understand the gender struggle. Oxius the no-good jerk would probably try to attack them then but they would be able to take back the Archean stone post-episode 16 with the help of the Infinite Warriors.

Having Aiden identify as something other than his birth sex would speak volumes to transgender people, who face discrimination every day. Sure he is reckless, but his behavior would make more sense in the long run aside from the generic trope of "the MC is an idiot."

Onto that topic though. Let's not give Aiden all the spotlight when it comes to being able to activate the time sequence. If Skyla and Benji are able to do so as well, it would really boost their strength beyond the two Metalions they have in their arsenal by episode 16. More character arcs can be made. And they can finally learn from their main mistake that has been prominent throughout the last few episodes as they raced to get the next Archean stone; not putting it away into the box as soon as possible. Honestly, they are smarter than this for sure but the writers are doing them dirty. If they actually cared for stuff like plot and characters instead of merch, maybe this wouldn't have happened. Not to mention them trusting Dr. Bolt. They ought to notice something was off with him. We also need an additional explanation and back story to each of the members and how they got into the team. That would have given much more depth into the storyline, and opened up an unexpected way of redemption for the idiot.

Speaking of which...

Fighting Mechanics

My idea is that Aiden, Skyla and Benji will all have their own fighting equipment provided by the Chrono Watch to fit their status as guardians. They would each get a piece of the Chrono Watch, with one shared capability; to call upon the Metalions from the cyberspace that the Watch provides. I might consider sketching out by hand the looks of their weapons, but Aiden will be in charge of fighting, Skyla would be the one dealing with the timeline scans from her device, and Benji would be able to make inventions with his piece. Each of them would have their own partners too. Aiden and Tyrannus, Skyla and Slash-Echo, plus Benji with Kongor is a team-up I genuinely love. There are two more Metalions to come, so I will adjust as required.

Lore Behind the Story

Thinking about it, what if the Metalions were like the Bakugan in the Battle Planet story? In other words, there were some who came to Earth, although they originated from a different planet. That would explain a lot, don't you think? It would explain how there are Metalions out in space too. I like that idea and it does make sense for how the new guardians are scattered across history. As a result, there are 3 main groups; the Infinite Warriors, Mega Beasts, and the Temporal Guardians (Tyrannus, Kongor, Slash and Echo, etc). The Infinite Warriors and Mega Beasts protected the Archean stones while the Temporal Guardians rested.  But then when Omega showed up years later, the Temporal Guardians must be brought back to help. 

Also, about the Archean stones, I was thinking, maybe the so-called Super Stones were formed after the entire thing with Sigma. Maybe the Archean stones had become so weak a new source had to be made, which ended up being the Super Stones. That would be an awesome continuity tidbit. 

I will not get into Dr. Bolt because he is an obsessed guy and I have no words for him, but I do hope there will be a redemption arc for him. 

But either way, I'll add as necessary. This is what I think of it so far, so yeah.