SSV-mas Day 3: Blood Moon (Anonymous Souls of the Myst)

Returning home, a mystery to be solved, who will uncover their past together?

MAURICIO: *sighs* So you're saying you found someone who allegedly knew Amaris? 

KRIOS: A Chao who's friends with Sonic. Apparently her name is Oni?

MAURICIO: Hm... that's interesting. Do you think that she has anything to do with why Amaris became who he is today?

KRIOS: I would say that, she seemed genuinely shocked when she saw him with the falcon. Even started crying when we had to defend her from him. *sighs, looks at Oni as she plays with the Wisps* We should question her, shouldn't we?

KHALIDA: Would it really be useful, though? Our main mission is to stop them. 

MAURICIO: If Amaris has his own agenda with Oni, then we need to keep her safe too. With his powers, who knows what the falcon could do to her if he took her. 

LIAM: *rolls eyes* As if he has anything in mind but power. You make it sound as if he has a heart, but no one with a heart would do the stuff he did. 

****

AMARIS: *looks out the window as he sits on the windowsill, soft sigh* 

ORIGOROS: Hm? You seem quite out of it, Amaris. Does it have anything to do with the little Chao who was with Sonic the Hedgehog?

AMARIS: *eyes narrow* Don't. Bring his name up with me. *scowls* He took Oni. How dare he, how DARE HE-

ORIGOROS: *places hand on his shoulder* Calm down now. I understand your frustration, but I am curious what your story with that little one is. Perhaps we could exploit her as well. 

AMARIS: *pauses* ... *sighs* She's the reason I'm a phantom thief. 

ORIGOROS: *pauses* P... Pardon? "That Chao is why he's here?"

AMARIS: I... I came from a village not too far from here. Had a sister named Djimon, and parents, and... and ****ing old geezer and old hag. *spits it out, as if the mere thought disgusts him, eyes narrow, but soon soften slightly* I... met Oni one night when I was roaming around the woods. She was lost, so I took her home. I really, really liked her, Sir. She was my first friend.  *then his eyes go cold* But of course, things got bad because of that stupid blood moon. 

ORIGOROS: Blood moon? I recall they are quite rare. *hasn't seen much in his lifetime surprisingly*

AMARIS: *fists tighten* It's not a lunar eclipse. It's a festival the village hosts every few years. I was so excited to go to it with Oni, but...

AMARIS (Y): W-What do you mean, O-Oni has to go...?! 

DJIMON: Don't talk back, Maris! You know that outsiders aren't allowed! 

GRANDFATHER: Djimon is right. This Chao is not from here, it cannot be trusted. *gets a broom, begins shooing it away* GO AWAY, DEMON! AWAY WITH YOU! 

AMARIS (Y): *eyes widen, yet his feet remain frozen* "Why can't I move? Why can't I stop them!? I WANT TO STOP THEM! NO, DON'T TAKE MY FRIEND AWAY!!!!"

ONI: *sniffles, tries to fly to Amaris (Y), but his parents kick her away* 

MOTHER: AWAY WITH YOU, DEMON! YOU ARE NOT WELCOME HERE! 

DJIMON: *smacks her with a stick* GO AWAY!!!

AMARIS (Y): *can only watch as Oni leaves, fists tighten* "No no no no no...! NOT ONI! I DIDN'T WANT HER TO LEAVE!"

GRANDMOTHER: Now that we've solved that, let's head on it for some food then head to the festival! 

DJIMON: *pats Amaris (Y)'s back* I know you liked that thing, but take it easy. She was going to be a bad influence to you anyway. *walks back in*

AMARIS (Y): ....... No, YOU are the bad influence on me... *eyes glow, his claws glow red* 

AMARIS: *smiles* I got rid of them and left my village afterwards. Making a life for myself wasn't easy, but I had skills from my time there, so I made do with what I had. That led me to you, I suppose, Sir.

ORIGOROS: *smiles back, understands the insinuation* I am glad of that, Amaris. Now, shall we unleash another Dark Creature? Perhaps this time, we can capture Oni. 

AMARIS: *giggles* I would really like that. Thank you, Sir.