SSV-mas Day 20: Christmas Tree (Endless Adventures)

Nostalgia rings its bells, a familial connection, who is she to the overpowered player?

FRAN: So pretty! *eyes sparkle at the huge tree in front of her, decorated with ornaments and shiny lights* Why so high and pretty?

SHISHOU: It is a custom of Unifixein to do this near the year end. It is called a Christmas tree. 

MAPLE: *giggles* Unifixein? It's the real world, you mean! 

SHISHOU: *sighs* "Seriously, this kid really hasn't realised this is no game?" *pauses* "Not that I can blame her. Today's technology can be quite advanced." Regardless, your world IS known as Unifixein. According to Schrik and the others, of course. 

MAPLE: *shrugs* Okay then! *Is she even listening!?*

FRAN: *confused* Something wrong?

SHISHOU: N-Nothing! Either way, aren't we missing one more thing?

MAPLE: Huh?

SALLY: *walking over* He means the star at the top. *takes a star ornament out of her item box* That recent event helped me make this for customisation! 

MAPLE: Oohh, that's soo pretty, Sally! *giggles* We should put it on the top!

FRAN: *curious* How? 

MAPLE: *giggles* Sally, you can do it! 

SALLY: *grins back* Well, don't mind if I do! *activates her Wind Magic, uses it to propel herself up*

FRAN: *giggles, activates her own Wind Magic to get up*

MAPLE: *watches them with a smile as they get up* This is really nice! I know that I shouldn't be playing games, but... *images flash in her head, her smile drops, but she shakes her head* No! Mikao-nee wouldn't want me to be sad...! *pauses* Now that I think about it, I wonder how Katarina Claes is so different in this game. Mikao-nee and Asayori-nee always talked about how bad she was as a person... And there's nothing in the records about a collab event with Fortune Lover. ... *shrugs* Eh, maybe it's just a coincidence! *lies down on the grass* Still...

MIKAO: Kaedeeeeee!!!! *hugs her* Awww, my little baby cousin!

KAEDE (Y): *blushes* M-MIKAO-NEE-CHAN! 

MIKAO: I've missed you so much! How're your parents?

KAEDE (Y): They're busy as per usual! *shrugs* Nothing new! *eyes then sparkle as she sees the ornaments* Ooh, ooh, did I get here in time to decorate the tree with you?!

MIKAO: You hit the jackpot! *grins* Come on, we're almost done! 

KAEDE (Y): Yay! *rushes in, helps her and her brothers set everything up until all that remains is the star for the top of the tree* Awww, I really want to put it on the to- WHOAA!

MIKAO: *grins up at her, lets her sit on her shoulders* it's been a while, hasn't it? Now up you go! Put it up!

KAEDE (Y): *eyes widen with joy* Alright! *manages to put it up, the tree lights up as Mikao sets her down* oooohhH!!

MIKAO: *smiles, pats her head* It's beautiful...! 

KAEDE (Y): It is! *smiles, they and her other cousins admire it*

MAPLE: *sighs* Mikao-nee... I hope you're resting well up there. 

KATARINA: *looks up at the star in the sky* Kaede.... *smiles sadly* I wish I could tell you the truth... *walks back into her room, unaware of someone overhearing*

KEITH: *pauses* Kaede...? Isn't that... Maple's real name? What does... Neesan mean by that...?