The Tomoki Goes to Alola (but leaves) AU Still Has A Happy Ending

AU Bio: 

An AU where Tomoki is transferred to Alola due to budget cuts in the school. However, while he does fall in love with Satoshi, he ends up leaving to join HyTS. He still finds his way back to Satoshi, though, when he goes to Galar on an investigation of Rose Tower when the Darkest Day Arc happened, and they reunite to fight against Rose.

Pairings: 

Tomoki x Satoshi x Gou (BrokenbyLifeShipping), Satoshi x Gou (FirstFriendShipping), Past Tomoki x Satoshi (BlazingIceShipping), Koharu x Hikari (BloomingBubbleShipping), Mao x Suiren x Lillie, Mamane x Luke Triton

Characters:

1. Himi Tomoki

After moving to Alola, Tomoki becomes more energetic and happy, only to drop when he's forced to move to Odaiba by Mitsuo Yamaki to join HyTS. He grows a lot more grumpy and moody as a result. He doesn't tolerate mistakes in a mission, especially from himself, so when he meets Satoshi again, he gets mad easily and has a short fuse. He scolds Gou for taking so long to get there, too, saying that a Trainer shouldn't be weak. It gets to the point that Gou yells at Tomoki for being so stuck-up, and Tomoki realises his mistake. After the crisis is over, Tomoki is about to leave when Satoshi catches up with him and asks if he could stay. Tomoki wants to say no, since Yamaki would have his head if he didn't head back, but he decides to take a break for a few days, uncaring as he spent time with the two. The love is rekindled, and parts of the Tomoki Satoshi knew in Alola started coming back. But then Yamaki shows up and tries to get Tomoki to come back, only for Gou to yell at him for destroying his happiness. This inspires Tomoki to quit HyTS, and he ends up joining the other two as Research Fellows, helping them through their fights as they strive to achieve their dreams. Tomoki's own dream ends up returning to the mysteries, as he tries to figure out the truth about HyTS' dark secrets; how they knew about Pokemon and why the regions were isolated.

2. Satoshi 

After Tomoki left, Satoshi's cheerful personality becomes more realistic as he struggles to handle the heartbreak of Tomoki leaving. He tries to cover it up with a smile, but there are days when it's too much and he breaks down. Through this, he grows closer to Gou and they begin dating. Upon meeting up with Tomoki in Galar, Satoshi is shocked by just how much he's changed, and is angry at Yamaki, but holds himself back. When Gou shouts at Tomoki he is surprised, but as he sees his Tomoki return, he grows happier, and his smiles are much more genuine. When Tomoki announces that he's moving with them to the Sakuragi lab, Satoshi is ecstatic and helps him get used to life there while easing him into the relationship with Gou.

3. Gou

When Gou meets Satoshi, he is struck by how heartbroken his eyes seem. After Satoshi breaks down and tells him the truth about his breakup with Tomoki, Gou and Satoshi grow a lot closer.  Because of this, they begin dating. Gou recognises Tomoki due to the stories and the pictures, and is shocked by how different he is from Satoshi's descriptions. He eventually falls in love with Tomoki as he slowly sees his warmer side, and shouts at Yamaki for his selfishness by forcing Tomoki away from his loved ones, and it's what makes Tomoki fall for him. After he joins them, they begin to ease him into the relationship as well.

4. Koharu

When she met Satoshi, she noticed how pained his eyes were, and the two form a bond of sorts after the truth of the heartbreak came out. After Tomoki joins the lab, she is wary of him at first, to the point that she could be downright salty at times. However, she slowly grows to understand Tomoki, and they become the ones who have to stop their friends from rushing into danger. Tomoki is the one who convinces her to talk more to Hikari, eventually ending with them dating each other.