The Dance of the Sun and the Moon (Mental Health Awareness & Pride Month)

Sakusa Kiyoomi remembered when he first stepped into a hospital and saw those small creatures flying around. He was six at the time, a mere child, so when he told the adults what he had seen, they had waved it off. Naturally, it was not a surprise to Kiyoomi. He wasn't the type to make a fuss about stuff like this, anyway. He would just hold it all in.

He would only find out when joining the TTS that they were called Virus Gods. Would learn they were not impish creatures. That they too didn't like themselves.

Until then, though, his life was hard. The fear paralysed him so much that he couldn't even be around others without being scared. He hated it, he wanted a real human connection, but the fear held him back. The darkness whispered into his ears. He couldn't handle it. It was too much. It was... Scary. Unnerving. He hated it! HE HATED IT!!

He hated himself. So so much. Why wasn't he normal? Why couldn't he think normally?

The only time he could was when he was playing volleyball. 

And honestly, it became a solace. His saving grace. He didn't think anything else mattered... until he met Miya Atsumu. 

At first glance, he was anything but similar to Kiyoomi. Brash, loud, and downright infuriating with his Hyougo accent. But later, Kiyoomi began to see the deeper parts of him; the lack of a father leaving him and his twin brother to be the only solaces they had in the world. 

Kiyoomi could relate, and soon, all of the disgust made way for understanding, for... love. 

Sakusa Kiyoomi loved Miya Atsumu for one thing alone; for loving Sakusa Kiyoomi as who he was. A feat not even Kiyoomi had been able to accomplish. The passionate sun that was Miya Atsumu had taken the quiet moon Sakusa Kiyoomi out for a spin the moment they met, and the dance... Kiyoomi never wanted it to stop, no matter how much he had refused to admit it in their younger years. 

He loved him because Atsumu had the fierce determination, had a powerful presence that told Kiyoomi every time he looked into those brown orbs that he mattered, that no matter how much he feared germs and those Virus Gods, no matter how many times he cried in his sleep, wanting to be different, he would always be there to comfort him, to give him the love and kindness he needed, the warmth he had always sought out but only got through Atsumu. 

Truly, he didn't know what he would do without his sunshine.