Tobot V High School AU Story (Up for Adoption!)

WARNING: TRIGGERING STUFF

Prologue: A Fateful Reunion

Every day, I cut my arms.

Because of that, my entire arm is littered with scars. Yet I never let anyone see the scars. I was Kang Taeyang, the smartest kid on the block, after all. Who would want to see a broken, depressed kid? No one would want to be my friend.

I hear the rumors. Some say I'm a drug dealer, some say I look like a kind person but I'm actually a manipulative jerk, there are even others that say that I'm a heartthrob behind the scenes.

Of course, that wasn't true, and they all knew it. Didn't mean that they couldn't laugh behind my back all the time, though.

It's been this way for years. Ever since Rosie left, ever since my friends left, it had been empty. The bullying I had endured since elementary only got worse. I was forced to do others' homework for them, and I hadn't gotten the right amount of hours since middle school.

Everyday I smile for my friends, yet something in me mocks how fake it was.

High school was the worst. I wore a mask, pretending to be someone I'm not for the sake of my friends, and it hurt. Every night, more marks appeared on my skin, and I cried myself to sleep for only two hours or so before I drag myself out of bed for school.

This cycle continued on from freshman's beginning, until autumn, when something unexpected happened on one of the many days in the school year.

It had been normal at first. Dragging myself out of bed (again), having milk for breakfast then heading out the door before my parents can corner me regarding my life choices.

But as I was nearing school, I saw some of the main bullies torturing someone younger than me by three years or so.

I frowned slightly. They were always like this, weren't they? Even after all this time...

I was about to step in, when suddenly, out of nowhere, a blur whizzed past me as someone punched a lackey.

"Oi, do you have nothing better to do than to torture kids? You really are numbskulls, aren't ya?"

"W-What did you say?!" The boss didn't seem happy at all as he stomped over the person.

On the other hand, my eyes had widened upon hearing that voice. I recognized him!

"You heard what I said. If you want a bloody nose, then I'll be all too glad to give one to you."

"Hey, boss, isn't he Oh Pilseung, the police officer's kid from Smile City? The one who's known to be a whistleblower?!"

"W-What?!" I saw the boss' face pale.

Sangria eyes looked up as Pilseung grinned, "I see that my reputation has spread to my new school. Good, I had been worried I would have to reintroduce myself the hard way. Anyway, wanna have a try at me?"

I had to stifle a snicker at how scared they looked. It was just so hilarious!

"T-Tch! We'll be back!"

With that, they scrambled off, leaving us there.

"Hey, kid, you good?" Pilseung squatted and smiled at the one who had been bullied just a few minutes ago.

"Y-Yeah... T-Thanks..."

"Hey, it's nothing. But I'm not happy that this place has people like those guys," he crossed his arms, seeming unhappy. "Argh, looks like Project Protection is back on again- Hey, wait..."