A Trailing Line from the Sky (Bakugan Gen 3 Oneshot)

When they first saw the things crashing onto Earth, Mia was reminded of something she had only heard of as a kid, about some sort of world-ending disaster. Of course, she hadn't paid it much mind. It was something that didn't impact her much. 

Until now, that is. 

"We need to get out of here!" Dan yelled, because of course he did, he always prioritised their safety. 

Griffin was about to yell back that yeah, they should, when one of those things crashed right in front of them

"What the-" 

Dan then moved forward, surprising both of them as he headed to the hole. 

"Dan?! Just what are you doing!?" Mia demanded. 

He shook his head. "Listen. It's... someone is talking." 

The two shared a glance. What was their friend talking about THIS time? 

Of course, Dan had always been weird. That was why he was a misfit; he didn't fit in with the rest of the world. He didn't care for those standards as well so he did whatever he wanted. 

But this? This was a whole new level of weird. Just as weird as-

"Is that... a ball?" His words snapped them out of their thoughts, and Mia gaped as she saw the idiot just leaning over! Did he want to die!? "Dan, are you for real now?!"

Griffin was about to pull him back when suddenly, he yelped. A bright light came from that hole. So- Something emerged from it. 

"W-What the?!" 

"T-That's one big parasite!" Griffin paled at the tall humanoid thing that loomed over them. And it had TWO heads! "W-Woah!" 

"Greetingsssss, I am Nilliousssss," the thing greeted them with a smile. 

"Hi! I'm Dan Kouzo!" Dan greeted back. "Whatcha doing coming out of a meteor?" 

The newly-named Nillious paused. Mia was pretty sure that he had question marks flying around his head now. "P-Pardon?" 

"A meteor?" he repeated, seeming undeterred. "Like, you just crashed from outer space?" 

Nillious stared at Dan, and, oh, the other two were positive that he was completely well and truly stunned now. "I am... I do not understand. But I am from the Dragon Clan of the Vestroia Star System." 

"Star system? So, you're like from an entirely different galaxy!?" Dan looked way too excited for this to be him being cautious. 

UGH! He was being extra annoying this time! 

Mia grabbed the back of his hoodie and yanked him back. He yelped pretty loudly at that- "Idiot! This alien is dangerous for all we know!" 

"Alien? I'll have you know that I am a Bakugan!" Nillious actually looked affronted by their description. 

"A Bakugan?" Griffin still looked skeptical. "Yeah, no, this ain't safe!" 

"It's alright, guys! I doubt Nill will hurt anyone!" Dan reassured them. 

"Oh, like the other so-called Bakugan are not fighting?" Mia snarked, gesturing to the other Bakugan who were already brawling.

"Erm...." Dan actually looked sheepish as he realised that while the two continued to glare holes into him. 

Nillious watched this exchange curiously. This child was defending him. How... rare. He did not expect that... 

Perhaps, he could use this child to wage war here on this planet as well. 

As they argued, a sinister smile formed on his face. 

Dan Kouzo, was it? 

What an odd child. He was going to have fun on this planet. 

[A new story unfolds... or is it?]