Chapter 4: White-Eyed Wolf

==White-Eyed Wolf - mostly used to describe a person who is not grateful; similar meaning to "ingrate"==

---

Under his coaxing words, Xiao Zihua finally agreed to continue filming. Jian Qiaoxin was exhausted after filming the scene. The reason was simple: the prince was very difficult to serve and scolded the director every day. The key was that his family is still the largest investor, the director did not dare to say anything, what else these small characters like himself could say anything.

In the afternoon, he was extremely exhausted, and the prince still yelled of wanting to drink mung beans.

Jian Qiaoxin had no choice but to get out of the filming site to take a taxi to buy mung beans. He also had no assistant; therefore, he had to go in person. Sitting in the taxi, Jian Qiaoxin calculated the time, remembering that the food in the refrigerator was gone, it was time to buy some groceries.

He took out his cell phone from his pocket; he hesitated a bit before he dialed Qiu Jian's phone number, and the phone was picked up soon after the first ring.

There was still noise on the other line, Qiu Jian's voice came in a low voice: "Hello, Xiao Xin?"

Jian Qiaoxin confirmed with an "uhm" then said: "It's me, A Qiu, have you had lunch?"

Qiu Jian's voice was gentle: "I've already had lunch at the company, Xiao Xin, you are working very hard at the filming site, you have to eat more and take care of yourself, otherwise I will feel sad. Is everything okay at the site today, is there anyone who bullied you?"

Such kind concern made Jian Qiaoxin feel touched. He remembered Xiao Zihua's incident in the morning, and his eyes were red.

Jian Qiaoxin took a deep breath: "I'm okay, just that we have a not-so-good temper prince, other than that, everyone else treats me very well."

Qiu Jian paused: "Xiao Zihua is quite arrogant, rich people tend to have such bad characters. They all always look down on other people, you don't need to care about that kind of young master, just ignore him!"

Jian Qiaoxin's fingers scratched a button on his shirt, and slowly nodded: "I know."

Both of them did not have much free time, and they had to hang up after saying a few words to each other. Fortunately, Jian Qiaoxin was used to this kind of life.

The taxi driver parked the car in the bustling commercial street, where there was a big department store, which was very convenient for grocery shopping.

Jian Qiaoxin paid the fare before got out of the car and went into the department store to buy things. He bought a bag of mung beans and some vegetables, which he would like to take home to cook when the filming was finished.

There was still time when he came out of the department store. Jian Qiaoxin was a little reluctant. He did not eat anything during lunch time. At this time, there was still enough time to go to the restaurant upstairs to have a meal.

Maybe---I can be a bit extravagant.

He took the elevator to go up to the fifth floor, there were many restaurants here. Jian Qiaoxin decided to take a look around, but he stopped on his track when he got out of the elevator. The people here were rushing, and no one was carrying two bags of groceries like him. Yes, all of them were dressed luxuriously and glamorously.

He sighed. There would be free lunch at the filming site. If he were to eat a meal here, he would have to consume one or two hundred [1]. Not to mention, he did not think he would get the role for Director Wang's series. If the company decided to freeze all of his activities, he would have no money...