Chapter 17: Yan Gan's Promise

Wen Yuan was sent back to his bedroom.

He called his dog-headed strategist in the bedroom to question, but no one answered his call, which undoubtedly made him frightened and angry.

He opened the bedroom door and was about to go out, but he met with the housekeeper who was about to knock on his door.

Wen Yuan's anger filled his heart, but he could only grip his hold tightly on the door: "Is there something?"

The housekeeper, Aunt Zhang, carried a glass of milk and some fruits in her hand: "Young Master, when A Gan left, he said that you are not feeling well today, so you should rest well. I warmed up a glass of milk for you, please drink some before bed?"

Wen Yuan's chest got stuffy, his eyes were red: "How am I in the mood to drink something, wouldn't it be better if he let me die?"

Aunt Zhang comforted him with a kind tone: "Don't say that, since A Gan has promised Elder Yan to take care of you, he will be responsible until the end, as long as you obediently don't cause trouble."

Aunt Zhang was a longtime housekeeper in the Yan family. She had been serving Yan Gan since he was a child, she literally was watching him grow up. It could be said that she was half a mother to Yan Gan. She understood that Yan Gan doesn't really love Wen Yuan. Yan Gan has always been very filial and respectful to his elders. This marriage was entrusted to him on his Grandpa's deathbed, so he took this as a responsibility.

Yan Gan is a very responsible and good man, so he would take good care of Wen Yuan. The precondition is that Wen Yuan must not be involved in some shady business. Honestly speaking, she does not like Wen Yuan much, but she only wishes for Yan Gan's happiness.

Wen Yuan was angry, he curled his lips: "If it weren't for Grandpa, I wouldn't be with him."

Aunt Zhang handed the milk to him: "Since you are together, don't always talk about separation. It's not good for anyone. If you leave A Gan now, what good will it do for you?"

Wen Yuan opened his mouth to say something, but he couldn't say anything.

Aunt Zhang wiped her hands with her apron, and said softly: "Even if sometimes he might not be able to control his temper well, and he would say a few words that are unpleasant. In fact, he is still a very softhearted person. Of course, all he did is for your well-beings. I have watched him grow up since he was a child, and I know the nature of this child very well. Just be patient with him and treat him well, and the blessings will come to you at a later time."

Wen Yuan took the milk glass, of course he wouldn't listen to her advice, after all this old woman was Yan Gan's servant, his voice was stiff: "Okay, I know, anyway, you are all on the same side!"

He turned around, went into the room and slammed the door. He didn't want to waste his time here.

Sheng Shi Jialun——12th floor

Jian Qiaoxin sat in the agent's office and looked at online comments.

Nong Bai was on the phone with a number of media, one phone call after another was being dialed to him. After a while, he had found a moment to take a breather.

Jian Qiaoxin was eating his ice cream: "How is it?"

Nong Bai rolled his eyes: "This time the fainting incident really made the news. I just used some connections to post some videos of you in the filming crew, and your last medical records were sent to the marketing accounts. With the help of public opinion this time, we really won the battle. There is a lot of controversy over Wen Yuan on the Internet at this time, and there is already a vague momentum of counter back."