Chapter 47: The Child is about to be Born

Jian Qiaoxin looked at the documents in his hand in a daze, not knowing what to say.

The person on the opposite side had been talking a lot. Those old past events were slowly unearthed. His heart became colder and colder. He thought about many possibilities, but he didn't want to think about the possibility that he was least willing to face.

The phone in his pocket vibrated. Jian Qiaoxin took out his phone and saw Yan Gan's name flashing. He hesitated for a moment, turned the phone to silent mode, and did not answer it.

The man on the opposite side still said: "If you doubt the authenticity of what I said, you can also check it out yourself."

Jian Qiaoxin put down his phone, his expression was grim: "Who asked you to come?"

He lifted his eyelids and was emotionally stable: "Or, who asked you to provoke me and A Gan's feelings?"

The person in front smiled: "Naturally, I can't tell you. My task is to bring the truth of the matter to you. It is up to you to believe it or not. Whether it is a success in provoking you or not, it's up to you. Mr. Jian, there is one more thing I want to tell you. Mr. Yan also got his hand on this bag of materials a few months ago as well. I don't know if he has discussed it with you. I hope he has. And it was nice to have a chat with you. Goodbye."

After he left, Jian Qiaoxin sat in a chair quietly, in a daze.

The bodyguard came up from behind and handed him his cell phone: "Mr. Jian, Mr. Yan's calling."

Jian Qiaoxin looked at the display screen on the phone. He was in a state of confusion. He wanted to stand up and leave. After thinking about it again and again, he chose to answer the phone.

He took the phone and tried to make his voice sound normal: "Hello?"

Yan Gan's voice contained some coldness: "Why didn't you answer the phone?"

Jian Qiaoxin leaned on the table, watching the flow of people passing by the side of the road, and whispered, "My phone is on silent, so I didn't hear it."

"Really?" Yan Gan asked again: "Where are you?"

Jian Qiaoxin took a sip of the milk: "I'm a little bored at home, so I come out to go shopping, you don't have to worry about me, the bodyguards are with me."

Yan Gan was silent for a while.

He said: "Uncle will pick you up."

"No need." Jian Qiaoxin stirred the milk in the glass with a spoon: "I can go back by myself. The driver hasn't left, so you don't need to pick me up."

There was a moment of silence, and finally the call was hung up.

Jian Qiaoxin returned the phone to the bodyguard without saying a word.

The bodyguard asked, "Mr. Jian, are we going back?"

Jian Qiaoxin's white hands slowly stirred the milk in the glass: "No rush, I want to sit here for a while."

The bodyguard froze for a moment, opened his mouth as if he wanted to say something, and finally said nothing. He looked at Yan Gan who had been sitting on the second floor for a long time, and then quietly stepped back.

It was noon when he came out, and after sitting like this, Jian Qiaoxin sat there till dusk.

This coffee shop had floor-to-ceiling windows, and you can see the entire expanse of the sky outside. The afterglow of the setting sun renders the sky and looks very beautiful.