Chapter 35: The Sky is High, the Emperor is Far Away

===Title Explanation: This proverb means that central authorities have little influence over local affairs, and it is often used in reference to corruption.===

Jian Qiaoxin was halfway into his sleep when the phone vibrated. He picked up the phone and saw it was an image message, and the misleading picture entered his field of vision.

In the photo, Yan Gan was holding Wen Yuan's waist, and Wen Yuan was completely curling up into his arms affectionately, making the two of them look quite intimate.

Jian Qiaoxin frowned and glanced at the sender number. It was listed as unknown. He didn't know who it was, but the person must be trying to provoke him. Of course, although this person's purpose was not pure, it was undeniable that the person had succeeded. No matter what, this kind of picture indeed gave him a very uncomfortable feeling, even made him feel quite irritated.

Before he got taken over by emotions, he remembered the misunderstanding at the house that day. It was because he misunderstood Yan Gan at that time, which led to a series of messy events. Thinking about this, Jian Qiaoxin felt he would not want to go through it again.

He dialed Yan Gan's number, and a mechanical female voice came over: "Sorry, the number you've dialed is currently busy, please call again later..."

Jian Qiaoxin paused for a moment, then he dialed the number again.

B City

After Yan Gan called the front desk, he had the hotel staff send Wen Yuan to a room. Wen Yuan, who was being supported by the waiter, gritted his teeth bitterly. He could not believe that the effect of the Fox Fairy on Yan Gan was so weak.

If there was no alternative, there was only one last resort.

Wen Yuan heard that if you want to strengthen the effect to seduce men, you should try to bite the tip of the tongue. The blood on the tip of the tongue will boost the effect of the blessing, and there is almost no failure.

He bit his tongue secretly until he finally tasted the iron taste in his mouth.

After the attendant put the person on the bed, he went back and reported to Yan Gan: "Sir, it has been arranged."

Yan Gan said: "Uhm, you've worked hard, go back."

The attendant quickly ran away as if he was being chased by someone behind him. He did not know why, although Wen Yuan looked quite beautiful, he seemed a little weird and was very oozing.

Yan Gan didn't plan to stay in the room any longer. He checked the call log and was about to call Jian Qiaoxin back. Unexpectedly, he was being hugged behind by someone as soon as he took a step forward.

Wen Yuan hugged Yan Gan's back and said: "A Gan..."

Yan's House

Jian Qiaoxin couldn't fall asleep after that message. Honestly speaking, he was indeed not Yan Gan's lover, at most...what was he to the man?

He still held tightly onto the phone in his hand, and Jian Qiaoxin, who could not sleep, unlocked the phone screen again. He hesitated for a while and then clicked the dial button to give Yan Gan a call again.

The phone was ringing, then it finally got picked up after a long silence.

Wen Yuan's voice came through the speaker with a little coquettish tone: "Hello?"

Jian Qiaoxin hung up the phone in panic, a little embarrassed and a little anxious. He didn't know what he was guilty of, but he just subconsciously evaded.

His heart was beating fiercely, and it hurt a bit.

After a while, his phone started to ring, and Jian Qiaoxin took a look. It was Yan Gan who was calling. He hesitated for a while and did not dare to answer. He was afraid that he would get a heart-wrenching answer.