Chapter 8: Qiu Jian, Where Are You

The romantic candlelight dinner set the stage for everything.

Qiu Jian thought that the atmosphere was in place. He also said a lot of heart-wrenching words tonight, planning a new future for him and Jian Qiaoxin, and even thinking about the name of their future child.

Red wine and candlelight, a beautiful face and a handsome face.

Everything was in the right time and in the right place.

But when Qiu Jian put his arms around Jian Qiaoxin's waist to unbutton his shirt, he was being stopped. Jian Qiaoxin's fingers pressed down on Qiu Jian's hand and kept him from moving.

Jian Qiaoxin looked away: "I'm tired."

"......"

A slap back to reality.

Qiu Jian's movements stopped, his hand still held onto the waist as he insisted: "Why?"

Jian Qiaoxin took a step backwards, and walked back to the table. He wiped his face: "Thank you for preparing so much. You have worked so hard. We should go to bed early."

Without further explanation, Jian Qiaoxin turned around and left.

The candlelight dinner in the living room was still glowing with warm yellow light, but Qiu Jian was left alone. He frowned as he looked at Jian Qiaoxin's back.

For a moment, an uncontrollable feeling of anxiety spread in his heart.

It was the feeling of weakness and regret that he was about to lose something important, but he could not do anything about it.

The next day.

Jian Qiaoxin got up early and rushed to the crew to film.

Today shooting was an outdoor scene, and they wanted to film it on the mountain. Because this was a martial arts drama, he was sure that there would be many more outdoor shootings in the future.

The scene instructor was not far away, and the action instructor here also grabbed Jian Qiaoxin and Wen Yuan to talk endlessly about the scene.

"You two, you need to hang on a wire today. This is a scene of defeating the bandits. There will be a lot of action shots. It would be better for Mr. Wen to have a substitute, Xiao Xin, you have to do it all on your own."

Jian Qiaoxin nodded, indicating that he understood.

The action instructor pointed to a few markers on the scene and he continued: "When the bandits rush over, it is unavoidable that you have to sustain some injuries, so you might have to act like you get wounded and injured. After all, blindly overwhelming victory is not enough."

After finishing these precautions, the instructor left. Jian Qiaoxin was used to things like hanging on a wire, but Wen Yuan was not used to it.

This kind of coercion work looks like it was easy to do since the person will be flying around in the sky, but it is actually very afflicted. After a day, the legs are basically in a state of disuse, and dermabrasion and blood loss can basically become a common trivial matter.

Wen Yuan was crying and howling when he was hanging in the air: "It hurts, loosen up this wire!"

Most of the staff were surrounding the princess. Jian Qiaoxin was getting familiar with the other supporting actors next to him to know the group's steps and positions at the scene.

After a while, Wen Yuan finally stopped his whining. The crew was bustling around him for an hour and a half to get the wire working, and it was already noon. In order not to delay the progress, lunch time was postponed and the crew decided to film first.