Chapter 99: A tactician not always has to be talented

In the streets of Crelens, Kanbe was walking towards a small house, yet it had 2 floors, that had been built with white cedar wood and had white cedar wooden decorations, and large windows were added to the house in a very symmetric way.

It was a rather cheap house for a hero to live in, or so it seemed until you noticed the enchantments added onto the house. This house had extreme resistance to fire, explosions, physical attacks, alongside enchantments to drive monsters away and a security system that didn't allow anyone who wasn't of the hero group to enter.

This house had an insignia of a pair of golden swords that were crossed, which was the hero's insignia, and many people revered this house rather strongly. Kanbe didn't like such attention, not when he didn't agree with some of David's policies... Yet he needed to work with this and with David, or his chance to return to Earth would be gone.

Inside the first floor, there were four room which in order were:

-First there was a simple living room with a table for 8 persons, 8 seats, a chimney, and a bookshelf filled with books. It did have a small carpet made of black wolf fur in the entrance, and the rest was simply a pair of windows to let light enter inside the house.

-Then, going from the living room to the left, there was the kitchen, with a few shelves to hold several small containers filled with spices and the dishes, a cabinet where everyone could leave the knives, forks, and spoons, a small sink where they could clean the dishes, an oven, several stoves to use when they were cooking, and a small storage where they could leave food and preserve it. Specially since fridges weren't still invented on Terra.

-And entering from the left side of the kitchen, there was a rather normal bathroom, with a bath where people could take long baths, a few towels, several small cabinets to keep anything that the team would require in order to look better or to heal wounds, and a pair of mirrors.

-Finally, going from the living room to the right, there was a forge that was mostly used by Belle to forget any equipment required, with an anvil and anything that would ever be required for blacksmithing.

In the second floor, things were a lot simpler since there were 7 rooms, but five of them were normal bedrooms, and then 2 offices, which were simply rooms with a table to work, four seats, and massive bookshelves to place all kinds of books.

The bedrooms were exactly the same for everyone, unless in Kanbe's room (due to Belle and Aoi planning something embarrassing for Kanbe), which were a pair of beds alongside a pair of wardrobes where the roommates would be able to leave their clothes, and several small mirrors to fix their looks before going to the bathroom.

Kanbe's room was special on its own, mostly because instead of having two beds there was a double bed where those who slept there had to sleep together. Kanbe was extremely against the idea, but Aoi and Belle managed to convince him and Mina to share the room.

Today, in one of the offices, a pale young man with messy, scruffy, medium-length white hair where one part of his bangs was covering one of his red eyes, while also having a lanky and skinny body. His face looked childish, but his eyes showed wisdom that you wouldn't find in normal people, which always surprised the average citizen of Elstivia.

This young man was wearing a black coat adorned with black metal chains, that looked like it was patched up several times with patches of different colors, and underneath it, he was wearing a formal white shirt alongside a pair of black pants and black boots.

He was one of the newest members of the hero party, Edred Grayford, and he was the tactician of the team. A rather talented boy that worked for the good of the Elstivian people, even after his sister made him join the hero party, and he certainly was a privileged mind. Or so everyone, Kanbe included, thought.