Chapter 28:Arriving To The Mansion

Evan, Rose, Caroline, and Lillian were walking to the house of the Holgan family and when they arrived, Evan could only want to facepalm himself. The "house" was a five floors mansion, made of stone bricks with a colonial style that made Evan feel even worse, with 250 rooms which of them there were 50 bathrooms, 100 guest rooms, 10 kitchens, 20 offices, 20 storage rooms, 5 bedrooms, 20 living rooms and 35 cell rooms where what could be called premium slaves were kept.

The premium slaves were people with extremely high level, extremely high status and many skills that were extremely useful for what they were used for, like teacher skills to teach skills to the young nobles, cleaner skills to clean houses and more.

Evan heard already while walking around the city that the Holgan family had a lot of money, and used it to increase their profits and their slaves condition, but this was beyond what he had expected even in the worst case scenario. This, alone, made him get worried and angry at the same time, which made Caroline notice it and got her worried. Rose reacted just like how Evan had reacted, which made Lillian get worried as well.

"Are you alright, Evan?" Caroline asked with a worried face, as she looked at Evan.

"Cannot process this. Nope. No way to process this. Error 404: Logic not found." Evan said as he looked

"I think his mind went mechanical and broke down." Lillian said as she looked worriedly at Evan.

"No. The last phrase is a popular phrase of adventurers, back in his era." Caroline said, as she looked at Lillian with a smirk.

"I cannot believe that slavery allowed this to be real..." Rose said as she looked clearly surprised.

"Unluckily, the Holgan use the profits to increase their profits with more slavery deals, and also to increase the sales of another kind of commercial sales. The kind that wins nobles and gets favors done quite easily, escort bars and maid cafés." Grandine said, while she walked with the group.

"They are quite smart and proud." Lillian said with a worried look on her face.
"Then that pride shall be their downfall. The proud people who have all what they want are easy to rile up." Evan said as he smirked. 'Nobles are easy to rile up if you besmirch their pride, and when they are corrupt... It's easy to set up a honey trap, so I can loot them. If they have legendary grade items, that should be good for me. Oh, wait, we are not in Dawn World. Eh, well, we are but after a long time... The rarity and tier system should still be going...' Evan thought to himself, as he followed the group.

Evan and the rest went closer to the mansion, and they saw also the big garden with big trees, dummies to train and even a pair of storage rooms and there were around 30 hounds ready to go after an intruder.

Then a small girl, with pale skin, long black hair, deep blue eyes, with bruises in her arms who was wearing torn clothes tried to enter the house to sell matches and flowers, just to be attacked by a hound. Evan's body moved on its own and used a fire bullet to kill the hound and helped the girl to get up.

Then the girl's eyes glowed for a second, with an electrical discharge coming out of her eyes. The girl saw Evan kneeling down in a church in front of a priest who was doing the age ceremony praying to the gods but just after that ceremony, the priest is incinerated by black flames as the future Evan walked to the girl, and patted her head. After the vision, the girl got herself up and Evan looked intrigued.

"Thank you, sir." The girl said as she looked intrigued. 'Who is that person? I have seen different futures, but I never saw something like that.' The girl thought to herself as Evan looked at her.

"Call me Evan and what happened? Why are you selling matches and flowers instead of... I don't know, play with your friends?" Evan asked as he looked at the girl with a curious look. 'If she was an assassin, I'd be regenerating. But her eyes released that sort of energy... A prophet? If so, that is quite a surprise.' Evan thought as something within him stirred, as if something wasn't okay, but he couldn't put his finger on what was going wrong.

"My family is poor, and we don't have enough money to pay the taxes, neither to eat a lot.