Chapter 36: The Mentality Of Humanity

Evan, Sumeragi and Caroline were walking around the slave auction house searching for Roderick while carrying Seth like he was a baggage and killing any thug who tried to stand in the way when they found the room that looked like a theater where many nobles were wearing masks and Roderick was in the stage talking. Evan and the others searched a seat close to the stage where to see Roderick well and Evan started whispering to Sumeragi.

-Evan: He is Roderick?

-Sumeragi: Yes. That's him.

-Evan: Wonderful. And no one is looking at us. Even if we carry this baggage.

-Caroline: They all are used to that. They think that he is a pig who escaped the slavery and you captured him.

-Evan: Well, that is a relief.

Evan stayed watching Roderick showing slaves. The first slave was a member of the dog clan who had chef skills, who was sold for 20 silver coins. The one who bought the chef was a red haired noble woman with black eyes whose name was Claire Clementon. She was smiling and seemed happy to buy such a slave.

The second slave was a former noble man with warrior skills that came from Baalfira just to make a fortune who was sold for 50 gold coins to a man named Roger who was wearing the clothes extremely similar to the ones that Mina used. This made Evan focus a bit on remembering that man, since probably he had some sort of connection to Mina.

Evan started to see a correlation in the ones who were buying right now, the slaves. They all were just buying to make the others buy. A simple small and subtle marketing plan where you put some people to buy some of your merchandise and seem happy with it just to allow the mob and their mob mentality to see like you are selling good products and with good prices.

-Evan: This starts being odd.

-Caroline: How is this becoming odd?

-Evan: Roderick is not a big baby like the others we took care of. He is a shrewd bastard. Have a noble and an assassin buying slaves, and you make it seem natural. He is using the mob mentality to make the slavery natural. But why?

-Caroline: Now that you talk of this... I found some books of the teachings of Zerax that talk about how the humans should bow to the angel race and be their loyal servants. That reminds me of slavery.

-Evan: Now that you have told me about this... Something smells like Roderick and Zerax are in cahoots. And that unluckily smells like David also has something to do with it.

-Sumeragi: No one should live forever, neither be a god. The only exception would be you, Father. Look what happens when that happens. Humanity should have a choice in their path.

-Evan: And they will be rotten if they choose their own path. That's the irony of humanity. They hate the cunning, yet they all want to be cunning and have more. They are greedy, and some time ago I was. Now, I just want to be free and live while preventing that bastards like Zerax do whatever they want.

-Caroline: Shame that for that we have to kill.

-Evan: Our existence is irony itself. Ironically, to live, we must kill. To live we devour animals and plants, even fruits carry some sort of life.

-Caroline: True. Still, we should leave the philosophy. Pynti is going to be sold.

Sumeragi looked at Pynti and saw her tears. Sumeragi got up and grabbed his Wakizashi and cut Roderick's left leg while looking at everyone in the room.

-Sumeragi: Let this putrid show begin! WHO WANTS TO HAVE SOME FUN! You want to hurt innocent children and take out their freedom! Very well then! Now fight a good match!

Sumeragi started decapitating anyone who went to attack him while Evan and Caroline took Roderick and Seth and took them to another room.

Meanwhile, in a broken shack... Zerana and Vivienne were tying up a man with ropes and were counting up the money he had. That man only had 5 gold coins but that was a lot for a poor man like him. But the worst is that Rose was checking the rooms that the shack had and saw a room where a girl lived with a bit of money hidden in a small bag with a P on it.

Rose had found out the savings of Pynti and knew that the man that Zerana and Vivienne were taking care of was their target and went to slap him.

Hello dear readers! Finally I got the new chapter finished up. It is a bit shorter due to not putting the status. But I want to leave one less big after the several weeks with more than 1.5K words.

Seems like the plan is underway but why Zerana and the other girls are after that man?

If you like this chapter remember to vote! Every vote helps a lot.