Chapter 24: Not All That Seems Cute Is Harmless

Evan was walking around the city, as he saved the vajra he had acquired in his inventory, and looked at how the people acted and what they were talking about. He heard many people get worried about how the new laws that David was making caused that the children could become slaves easily and many had lost their hope in the future seeing how they were losing their rights one by one.

But while Evan was listening to the people, he heard a pair of guards talking while having a piece of black cloth on their left arms. Evan recognized that black cloth as an item of Dawn World, known as Silent Cloth, that made it harder for people to hear the voice of the user. Due to his inquisitive nature, Evan seemed able to ignore the effect of Silent Cloth. Or that, or his resistance to curses also affected the effects of Silent Cloth since it cursed those surrounding the user, with a weak curse known as air mind that made those affected by the curse to be more unfocused than usual, in order to work.

"And the people don't know what Josh has planned. I think that we will have a bad century ahead. But all for the safety of his plan. Isn't it right, Steve?" One of the guards said as he kept walking.

"True. But we shouldn't talk about it a lot, Max." Steve said with a wide smirk on his face.

"Why? It's not like someone could hear us so happily." Max said as he pointed to the Silent Cloth he was wearing.

"That kid with the blonde hair is listening to us. I don't know how, but that's a problem." Steve said with a serious face.

"We will scare him in a moment." Max said confidently, as he walked towards Evan.

Evan heard all and smiled, since he wanted the guards to get closer to him as he desired the Silent Cloth. He did not want to hurt guards, but he was not going to back down of a fight and more one that he could win, but then August appeared when they were planning to attack Evan while looking at both guards with an angry face.

'Shit, you busted my plan, crow winged bastard. Silent Cloth on its own is a wonderful item, but if several of them are united, I can make Divine Silence's suit. But it's not like I can go for the quick curse and steal while someone is watching.' Evan thought to himself as he cursed his luck.

"Can you tell me about what Josh has planned, or I have to start pummeling you two?" August said with an angry face.

"No need. By what they were talking and knowing of Josh, the plan will include slavery, an increase in people getting turned into slaves and more profit from slavery. That said, it's interesting to see an angel capable of hearing a conversation of individuals using the common rarity item known as Silent Cloth." Evan said as he smirked.

August looked at Evan, surprised by how knowledgeable the young boy was, and smiled widely, trying to calm the young boy that in his opinion was scared. Meanwhile, the guards looked surprised at Evan and were starting to think in a way out of the mess they got in.

"Seems that you know a lot! I suppose your teacher is quite the magician. Who are you?" August said as he looked at Evan.

"I will not say my name. You can guess the obvious reasons for that, after all. But I would love to know who you are, angel or better said half angel?" Evan said with a smile, a false one, clearly holding back his anger,

"My name is August, and I am a silver-blooded angel." August said, as he smiled at Evan.

"Ah, I need to obtain information about your race then. Well, I hope you enjoy your stay in this country!" Evan said as he quickly moved on. 'Better to run away from an enemy I don't understand. Even if he is not an enemy, I prefer to know all the details of an unknown species.' Evan thought to himself.

"I am just going to help the hero, so I don't think it will be a long stay. Have a nice day!" August said with a wide smile.

"Oh, I see. Good luck with your journey and have a great day!" Evan said, planning to leave quickly to avoid being caught by the hero. 'Yep, confirmed, he is an enemy. It sucks, because he seems a nice guy, but I am not going to pull my punches because they are nice people. They stand in the path of my plan, they go down.' Evan thought to himself, as he was going to leave the area.