Chapter 7: The Master In Planning.

Kanbe got his sword ready to strike, aiming at Evan's chest with his sword, which started glowing, but Evan guessed what Kanbe would do in no time. After all, the skills of this world were extremely similar to the ones of Dawn World, and Evan remembered all the skills of the game. After all, to be a great PVP player you had to know all the ranges of the skills that the enemy, and that meant that Evan knew all the ranges of the skills from minor to master. Alongside the cooldown timing, and the positioning required to dodge any single one of them due to a certain skill tree he used to have that required him to dodge perfectly.

Kanbe charged towards Evan, with his sword glowing while he went for a downward slash aimed to slash his enemy's torso, but Evan jumped back and prepared to cast a spell which was basically raising his left hand to aim at Kanbe, and send the mana to his hand in order to cast the spell.

"Lethargy!" Evan said as his mana circulated across his body at a quick speed, as if it had become one with his blood. 'Let's start going soft, slow him down a bit and see if he has anti-curse equipment. If he does, then I have to use the time it takes between use and use to curse him and wipe him out quickly. Can't go on attrition, he can fight close combat without mana while I can't fight without mana.' Evan thought as he considered the entire situation.

Evan aimed at Kanbe with his left hand and a small wave made of darkness came out of it, hitting Kanbe with a massive speed that Kanbe couldn't perceive. Kanbe felt sluggish, making him become slower, and failed the attack which didn't even graze Evan, who dodged by sidestepping Kanbe. Evan smiled, took advantage of that slow movement like he had done in Dawn World so many times, and prepared to cast a full spell.

Evan knew that depending on the Intelligence of the user, the enchantments of the equipment and some passives, the user could omit the chants of the spells or use them to increase the damage. Evan right now with his high intelligence was able to choose between the two options for the minor spells, only minor spells, but that was what he had right now, and he was going to make Kanbe pay for his mistake.

"Fire converge in my hand and strike down my foes! FIREBALL!" Evan said as his mana started flowing into his left hand.

A ball of fire went out of Evan's hand and went directly to Kanbe's face, but a ball of water hit the fireball, which caused that a lot of steam appeared from the reaction of the water and the high temperature of the fire. Yet this didn't stop the fireball, only weakened it a lot which made it hit Kanbe and properly explode but made sure that the explosion didn't break the armor and hurt Kanbe's face. This said, Kanbe still received a lot of damage from the fireball, but he only lost a 26% of his HP which could be seen as his armor was red-hot and Kanbe felt pain across his entire body.

Saida cast without any chant a lot of ice spears, which were releasing a cold aura around themselves and looked more like stalactites than proper spears. But Saida used her mana to throw them to Evan, who managed to dodge them all while looking like he was dancing a waltz. Yet, Evan felt like he was fighting against fools... Which was what he expected from the hero, but not from his granddaughter. He hoped that she was enough capable to fight at least at the level of Legadonia, and this made him feel disappointed even if it was a relief.

'Are they fools or what!? At least feign a skill to force me to move to a bad position! This is getting asinine!' Evan thought as he considered whether to use a chant to finish the combat. "Fire concentrate and in a bolt of fire, destroy my foes! FIREBOLT!" Evan said as his mana circulated quickly towards his right hand, as a rapid stream of mana concentrated on his right palm.

Evan aimed with his right hand at Saida, from which a bolt of fire that released quite the scorching aura came out and went to strike her, only to be countered by another spell coming from Saida.