Chapter 33: The Fated Seer Finds Evan

After the party, all of the guard started investigating why Mina was deemed innocent of the murder of Josh. Alex was nervous about how Roderick would take it but Roderick was nowhere to be found and the only clue he had was that Roderick had taken 3 days off due to having to handle some things with a slave auction.

Alex wanted to help Evan but he didn't know how he could go to talk with him about Roderick's disappearance until Lillian went to his office. Alex was unable to think straight when he saw Lillian, never had been capable of talking to her without stuttering like a fool. But this time Alex managed to calm himself down and talk without stuttering.

-Alex: Hello, Lill... Lillian. What brings you here?

-Lillian: A friend of ours has told me that you could know where certain man is
.
-Alex: Evan sent you!?

Alex started inspecting the entire area to see if Evan was around and saw him in a nearby roof smiling at him with a smug look. Alex already wanted to insult Evan for sending Lillian but also wanted to thank him for a chance to talk with Lillian.

-Lillian: Do you know where Roderick is?

-Alex: Well, he is at a slave auction. Which one is what I don't know. Sorry for not knowing exactly where Roderick is.

Lillian smiled widely, while blushing brightly, and put her hands together while Alex looked a bit nervous to have Lillian so close... Yet at the same time, she was out of his reach. 

-Lillian: Oh don't worry, Al! You helped a lot! And we should meet up more times! If you want to...

-Alex: Right now, Lill... I cannot be so close to you due to our situation. You know that a normal guard cannot be with a holy maiden like you...

-Lillian: Oh, yeah... But we can still meet as friends. 

In that second, Lillian winked at Alex which made him smile at Lillian and notice that she wasn't that innocent girl who couldn't find a reason to not trust someone.

Meanwhile, Evan was smiling when he saw The Fated Seer. He was enjoying a good drink, mainly a berry juice, and that guardian had disrupted his teasing moment. Yet, he knew that it was important for sure, so he decided to give that guardian a bit of attention.

-Evan: I don't know who or what you are but I think that you are most fascinating. I thought that none of these grown-up babies would be enough smart to find me without knowing how I love to play with them.

-Seer: You... Must. You must go to my master. There you will find... There you will find he who you are searching.

-Evan: Give me a location and I will prepare to go. But I suppose that you are Pynti's guardian. I have never seen such autonomous guardian before.

-Seer: See where you must be.

The Fated Seer touched Evan and Evan saw where Roderick was. Evan looked pissed off but he decided to go with Flint, Sumeragi, Legias, and Grandine. If they had to fight in a closed place where reinforcements could arrive at any moment, having Flint and Legias to cover silently from the distance was a good thing. Alongside the perfect team for Evan of someone like Sumeragi and Grandine.

-Evan: Noche.

-Noche: Yes, Evan?

-Evan: Contact Lillian and tell her everything. I go to pick up the team and go after Roderick. Also if my logic is still as good as it was... We might have to grab Pynti's father. Seer, show me and Noche where your owner's father is.

-Seer: Understood.

The Fated Seer did exactly what Evan asked of him and Evan smiled like a demon, which made Noche shiver since he knew that he was going to be overworked right now.

-Evan: Noche, contact directly the girls after you tell Alex about Roderick. I will use Roderick small auction to justify all of my actions and to elevate the reputation of Alex. That way, David won't stop Alex from being the captain of the guard. Imagine finding a corrupt captain of the guard due to the only surviving candidate to the position and that he is that kind of righteous man.

-Noche: That would be a trouble for David and Zerax.

-Evan: But alongside that, if we show to the people all that has happened... They won't stay quiet. They will only accept Alex as the captain. And so, David will not be able to hurt him or try to stop his rising.

-Noche: If Alex dies...

-Evan: The entire country will fall into a war. In short, no matter what David does... I win. Even if he does find proof that Alex worked with me, that would only help me having better popularity between the people and the merchants would want to be my associates even more. He would only speed things up. In short, right now... The only way to stop my plan is to go after me. But even then, I will win. If he kills me, a war that will kill humanity will start due to Alex winding up dead. If he tries to imprison me, a war starts due to the PR hell that will happen. If he tries to protect Roderick, a war starts. In short: Checkmate in the house of the guard. Literally, kill an innocent child trying to stop the corruption... And the people will get angry, enough angry to start a civil war.

-Noche: You planned everything.

-Evan: Hey. At least I am careful.