Chapter 56: Matthew, the Son Of Zerax.

Evan was walking towards an inn that was close to the castle. Thanks to Angie, he had found out where Claire was hiding. But Sumeragi decided to let her rot in a cell until the church of Zerax had been warned of all the remaining issues that they could fix, such as the issue with the ones who wanted Caroline dead. That said, Caroline would handle most of it and mostly Evan would have to handle the rest.
But Evan had more pressing issues than the people who wanted to kill Caroline since those issues would definitely destroy his own plans.

One of them was Claire Clementon, who was destroying the merchants who were commoners and also was about to destroy the economy of the country.
She had to die, and Evan knew that he had to kill her thoroughly. Claire escaped once of his plans, and that was one time too many. Failure was not possible, not this time.

Evan found the inn, it was an expensive inn where many nobles of other countries came to rest and get ready for making deals with the nobles of Elstivia.

The inn was a three-year-old building with 3 floors, kept in perfect shape. The exterior was made of stone, steel frames, and even the frames of the windows were made of steel. If Evan tried to bring it down, he couldn't be able without wasting too much time. The exterior was so sturdy that Evan would need a couple of nukes to bring it down, or enough undead to dig below the area in order to bring down the place.

So the ideal place for someone like Claire to be hidden, knowing of someone like Evan was going after her head.
The inside of the inn was absolutely different than what Evan expected.

It had a wooden floor, 8 or 10 tables made of wood with enough seats to allow around 20 people to seat in each table, and the bar had 10 seats and lots of wine bottles. It was filled with lots of people, there were so many people that arriving at the stairs that were on the left side was a hard task for Evan. Or so it would have been if he had not been attacked by someone when he tried to go to the stairs.

An extremely buff and tall man with pale skin, golden hair, blue eyes who was wearing only a pair of yellow shorts, and a pair of golden boots punched Evan so hard that he was sent flying out of the inn. Evan would have thought that man was a professional wrestler, if he had his body and mind in the shape to do quips, since he felt that at least half of his ribs were cracked and had a couple of internal wounds caused by the ribs. Evan regenerated quickly, but the issue was that he had to use the slime powers to either dissolve or put back in their place while regenerating to not die, and he felt like he was crushed by a truck and a roadrunner at the same time. He knew that he was going up against someone dangerous, and someone that right now... He was absolutely outgunned and outmatched to deal with in a fair fight, so he would have to fight unfairly but he was extremely angry to formulate a plan to do so.

-Evan: To the idiot who hit me: I am going to rip your innards!

-???: Why do you think that you can kill me?

-Evan: I don't care. I will kill you. You are defending an enemy of mine, and so you're a hindrance.

-Matthew: Then I will introduce myself. I am Matthew, one of the most important people in this country. I am the third leader of the royal guard. I fight using my muscles!

-Evan: And why do you attack me?

-Matthew: I will capture you since you killed a noble. You will be my new slave. Usually, I use them as punching bags.

-Evan: Oh, so you are a piece of crap.

-Matthew: I am a war hero, the son of Zerax, and I saved many villages of bandits!

Evan started smiling like a demon when he heard all the gloating of Matthew, that alone gave him an idea of how Matthew was. Matthew was arrogant and powerful, probably his way to get under Zerax skin and force him to attack. Once Zerax attacked, he would use that to force a fight between gods. That would cause a big change in people's minds, which would lead to doubt... And in a moment of doubt, Evan could convince people to rebel against David and get the crown.