Chapter 41: Zerax Plan.

Flint had his put on the armor that he had made for himself and went to the workers' headquarters for the quest when he saw Jess sweating and scared. He tried to keep a professional face, but this went way above what he was ready for.  He had been for four hours training with Evan, and Evan had managed to learn as much as he had for several years. 

-Flint: Hello, boss. How is my partner Evan doing?

-Jess: What kind of monster you have brought here!? He just learns, learns, and learns! And implements it all far faster than me, and I was called a prodigy even if I wasn't blessed in the term of affinities. Even thought I obtained the Blunt Carrier skill tree through the blessing ceremony, I took a few months to get used to wield blunt weapons!

-Flint: Who tried to kill him?

-Jess: No one. But he has learned as much as I can teach him. In a few hours only. He would be a master swordsman.

-Flint: I think he has a good foundation. A foundation made of passives from monsters that allow him to have that much talent.

-Jess: But what you mean is that he is a monster devourer... He knows that he is going to die due to the poison in the monster meat... Unless he is eating it cooked, but that means that he will die young still. Maybe at 40 years old if he is extremely lucky.

-Flint: He is immune to the poison. Lucky him.

Evan finished a couple of reps with a wooden sword, and looked at Flint with a bored face. Flint shivered when Evan looked at him with the wooden sword in hand.

-Evan: You shouldn't talk so much about my condition, Flint.

-Flint: So you have been in the bathroom on the second floor, huh?

-Evan: Yeah. Also, I have been doing a bit of research on the quest. A noble is interested in some scouts stories about a black crystal stronger than Mythril. Quite the surprise, even back in Dawn World... Mythril was already really strong. The pickaxe of the scouts that went into the ruins to investigate broke when they tried to break the crystal.

-Flint: But...

-Evan: What he said was a theory. Maybe that crystal is the one making the tamed monsters go mad. But if so, I don't know what the hell that is!

-Jess: Well, a gold adventurer is going with us. His name is Haze.

-Evan: And how many workers will come?

-Jess: It's a group of four members with one escort.

-Evan: Any other groups going with us?

-Jess: A team of 15 knights to control us. They are the ones who will investigate the crystal.

-Flint: Something smells like a trap, and none of us is a trap.

-Jess: So you think that they will kill you when your utility has run out?

-Evan: That's an understatement, Jess. Only a fool wouldn't believe that we are just a one time team. And surely there will be a hefty sum for us if we finish the quest. But... You know that they'll try to get us killed.

-Jess: 15 silver coins for the three workers.

-Evan: 5 silver coins for a simple escorting mission? If you allow me to say this... It smells like a way too good reward for us.

-Flint: Well, big reward equals to big risk.

Evan smiled, but then heard steps and saw someone he knew of. Zerana, who also was wearing one of the armors made by Flint, had also joined the quest and seemed happy to see Evan.

Meanwhile, in the castle, David was inside an empty room with a stone gate waiting. He seemed quite scared, and he surely had a reason to be scared. Claire Clementon almost died at the auction, alongside Roger... The boss of the biggest assassin guild and the greatest noble in Elstivia almost died in an attack of Sumeragi. He almost lost all the supporters he had, and that was almost a close call.

The stone gate opened and a lot of light came out. That door was a gate to the Celestial plane, where the gods lived, and to be exact it was a gate to the area where Zerax lives.

David walked into the realm and saw a big golden city where many angels, holy ghosts and souls lived. David walked around that city, seeing how the angels could have free drinks if they needed to drink something, but he had no time to lose. David went straight to the middle of the realm and saw a big seat where many female angels were sitting while talking to a tall man with blonde hair, pale skin and blonde eyes who was wearing a pure white armor.