Chapter 61: Love is power

Evan had really said that he would heal a girl that seemed to have cholera. So everyone was looking at him surprised, unable to believe so. Evan was chuckling while everyone looked at him surprised, mainly because the solution was still a gamble but it was a gamble way easier to do than what he had done with Matthew.

-Evan: Well. Surprised that you didn't know. If we give her enough treatment, we can let her recover.

-Medic: So what's the method? What's the medicine?

-Evan: Apple juice, water with sugar and salt. Change her sheets. Simple. We can raise her survival rate! Anyone in contact with her, must be quarantined. In short: All of you after the treatment will be in a house for a while.

The medics were surprised by what Evan said. But then, Evan explained that the cholera was a bacterial attack that affected the absorption of nutrients, in a way they could understand. He also explained that with some antibiotics, it could be fixed, but that the production methods of those antibiotics were lost in time. A simple life in order to not have them thinking that he was from another world.

The medics doubted him for a second, with their lack of knowledge about those small beings that were causing that bacterial attack, but they had little to lose with the patient. It was either following Evan's instructions, or kill her to spare her the suffering.
So they did as Evan told, while Evan sighed and chuckled.

-Evan: If I am right... I want you to trust me, and you're going to be my allies.

The medics looked at each other and nodded. Evan smiled and made a contract with paper and all to ensure that they would keep their work, and made sure that they signed it accordingly.

With a contract, Evan had the doctors and healers grabbed by the neck. If they didn't fulfill the contract, he could use it to destroy their reputation in one single swoop. If they did, well, better for everyone in the country. So for Evan this was a win-win situation once again, which was enjoyable for him. Because the less chance to have a betrayal of any part of the merchants equalled to a higher chance of success in Evan's plan.

Still, this didn't mean that he was safe. Not at all, more on the opposite. The more he prepared, the risk of being prosecuted or attacked increased. But Evan didn't care, he only cared in increasing that chance to success because if he was attacked, he had a perfect chance to increase further the chance of success and that right now he had the guard to cover him.

Because if people saw that the king was attacking an orphanage of poor children while the guard was defending them, they wouldn't stay quiet. They would raise to arms to kill the tyrant that attacked children. So, even if the worst happened, Evan controlled what would happen.

Meanwhile, in the castle of Elstivia, in a room where guests from other countries stayed, there was a tall blonde elf, with black eyes and a scar in the left cheek. He had a greatsword with a golden guard that had a gem attached to it, and the blade was pure white. That elf had an azure spirit with the shape of Saida embracing him.

-Elf: Saida don't worry. I will find those who killed you. And end their lives. It's the least I can do.

-Saida: Thanks, Eden. But be wary, your target is at least level 60. And he may be connected to someone even stronger.

-Eden: Well, I will not let you down. Not now, not ever.

-Saida: Thanks!

-Eden: It's just something I have to do.

Eden walked around the city and saw Evan. Evan looked at Eden and saw Saida, he smiled like a demon, mainly because it did enrage him to remember that Saida was dead, but decided to ignore them both. Evan walked past Eden with that smile, and decided to be nice to the young elf.

-Evan: Sir... Your prey is too much for yourself. You shouldn't go after that one.

-Eden: Well, I will go after that prey. Even if it costs me my own life.

Evan could only sigh, if that man wanted to die... Well, so be it. But he would prefer to keep the boyfriend of Saida around, at least to fix Saida's misunderstanding and maybe even revive her.

-Evan: Very well. Everyone must find their path, but first learn the story... Before you do a grave mistake.

Eden nodded, understanding what Evan had said, and smiled widely while Saida looked angry  at Evan while Evan simply chuckled.

-Eden: Thanks for your advice, young boy, or should I say old boy?

-Evan: Smart man, I am glad that you are this assertive.

-Eden: And you are the one pulling the strings. I should cut you down where you stand, but probably that would kill my reputation. Smart trick, old boy.