Chapter 10: Unwanted Truths

Evan started reading books to be capable to complete the second and third quest and learned all that he needed. He already knew that there were 3 continents due to what he had learned before, but now he knew the names of the other continents and found information about a fourth that brought some suspicions to his mind.

The beastkin and the dragons are in the continent of Artamyria, a continent filled with high mountains and valleys, where the two races had to get used to fight against powerful monsters that either lived in the valleys or were flying monsters. After several centuries of heavy infighting, to be able to stop the strong monsters from going to the other continents, they created two kingdoms.

One kingdom was the kingdom of Dragons, Baalfira, which usually was closed to the normal people from other races due to it being close to an active volcano, which was in the depths of the biggest valley that connected this kingdom with the neighboring one, and yet was one of the wealthiest countries.

The other was Sansifta that was in the other side of a valley filled with high mountains, known as the valley of death thanks to the volcano that was in its depths, where the numerous beastkin clans united under the banner of the Wolf Clan for many years. That was until the Tiger Clan took absolute control, and logically there was a massive resistance from clans like the monkey clan and the wolf clan who tried to allow all the clans to have the right to choose their path with votes and participation. This had caused a civil war in Baalfira, in which the tiger clan almost eliminated the wolf clan and most of the remains of that clan were turned into slaves.

In the other continent, Sharaktu'rar, it's a desert where there were the demon kingdom and the angel kingdom.

The angels only lived in the holy city of Asthalos, which is a floating city that floats above the continent and was as big as the continent itself. This city produced a specific healing item known as panacea, which healed most of the wounds and afflictions someone had. This reminded Evan of an experiment he did in Dawn World, using a special item he had crafted known as floating core, which literally allowed a being to float for an indefinite amount of time.

And the demons lived in the continent, in which their kingdom known as Sharasta was, and made quite the research in how to weaponize mana for their plans of capturing the angels to obtain panacea. The demons loved to be in heated places, and so many demons lived in a nomadic way, moving from one place to another of Sharasta.

But that was not all, Evan also learned that there were all kinds of slaves in Elstivia. From hard labor slaves to slaves that were used to make experiments and not only that, it was extremely hard to regain your freedom since after you paid off the debt you had to pay the monthly taxes so, in the end, you ended with debt again. And in the end, that was a cycle in which as a slave, those enslaved would never be free again.

Evan was disgusted by the revelation he had. He could have been a bad guy, but at least he did not trap people like the country was doing. Stealing from them was one thing, but this was sealing their fate for all of their lives.

Noche had felt the disgust of Evan and appeared in front of him, while his voice had a tone of pure sarcasm. This tired Evan more than he would ever admit, and he wasn't in the mood to go against Noche with a clear explanation.

"Congratulations! You managed to complete the three first quest in less than a month." Noche said with a sarcasm worthy of someone who had been waiting for a long time to continue doing their duty.

"I feel that sarcasm." Evan said with a tired look, not wanting to deal with Noche right now.

"Of course. I expected that it would take you some hours. But I would love if you could have gone faster." Noche said as he floated around Evan. 'Since the faster you go, the faster we can increase your level and the faster you can start building up an army.' Noche thought to himself.