Chapter 39: Aftermath Of The Illegal Auction.

Evan after getting what he wanted from the monsters, using the skill points to gain access to thunder magic and warrior skills, and went to search equipment only to find out that the equipment this mansion had were low-quality armors that didn't fit anyone in the group, a couple of iron swords that were in bad shape but a lot better than the weapons the thugs were using. Supposedly they were swords of the guard that were lost but Evan knew that it was too odd to find the 'lost' swords in an illegal auction where the captain of the guard was working. Those swords were enchanted to be as light as a feather, have an increased cutting edge and an increase of the sturdiness of the blade. Those blades were too good to be left alone and Evan decided to use them.

Evan decided to loot the corpses of the thugs and nobles that were killed but only take the coin. Looting the rest of the items would be too odd and would be harder to explain what happened if all that the victims had were useless clothes. So Evan took out the coins and literally obtained 50 gold coins. That was equal to how much a noble like Josh gained in one year. And that was what Evan wanted since that would be the perfect way to start to improve the orphanage and also allow him to prepare some extra plans.

When Evan and the rest grouped up, they saw the new form that the father of Pynti had. Also Rose and the others chose a name for her. That slave would be called Ritza, which in Dwarven means traitor.

After a few minutes, Sumeragi and Caroline left the auction area and Evan and the rest waited for Alex who arrived after 3 hours of waiting.
Alex took care of all of them and sent them all to the orphanage. Lillian was happy that no one got hurt until Evan showed her the money he got from looting. That much money from looting made Lillian feel bad, but she had to accept it since the orphanage would certainly use it.

-Lillian: 50 gold... It could help us a lot... But how are we going to use them?

-Evan: We buy a new orphanage, in an open area where we can do a bit of agriculture, a few training grounds and maybe start a small laboratory.

-Lillian: Yeah but keeping it up... Maintaining it will cost a fortune.

-Evan: If we help the city with the training grounds and all... Caroline can pay for maintaining.

-Lillian: But... Angie and the others will...

-Evan: If they try anything I will open them up.

-Noche: And they will call you the can opener.

-Evan: Yeah. Good one.

-Pynti: Well, sorry for the late introduction. I'm Pynti...

-Lillian: No need to tell me. We met already.

-Pynti: True. I will tell you that I am going to be helping Evan too.

-Lillian: I guessed that too.

-Evan: Well, the next step in the plan is simple. I will talk to Amelia and get her support to a rebellion. With her influence and the influence of Alex, we will have them under control and be able to stop the plans of David indefinitely.

-Lillian: Yeah but what if the assassins try anything?

-Evan: They should be unable to do anything. Sumeragi surely killed one of the big leaders on that in his rampage. I know Sumeragi and once he is pissed off... There won't be any survivor.

-Legias: Unless one thing... The noble who first bought a slave and the other guy managed to escape.

Evan looked at Legias with a surprised face. It wasn't natural that Sumeragi did let someone escape from his rage moment, so that someone was extremely lucky.

-Evan: What?

-Flint: Yep. They left. Pynti told us their description while you were looting. Didn't you notice that?

-Evan: Any reincarnated guy will tell you the same to answer the question.

-Legias: So you also become blind when it comes to looting. You just loot.

-Evan: Back from where I come, you loot someone and when you get up... You have to run. The scavengers will kill you, no matter who you are. Wave after wave until you get killed.

-Lillian: That explains a lot.

-Evan: You said it. Still, we have to get stronger. I have warrior skills.

-Rose: You should join the worker guild. Once you are a worker, attacking your home is punishable with death.

-Evan: Why is that?

-Vivienne: There is a law that forbids the attacks to any house of workers that are in orphanage or charity houses. Very specific, but then again... Most of us are orphans.

-Evan: Well, then we have our first step towards the merchant faction.