Chapter 9: The gods and The corrupt.

Evan had been hours in the library, reading all the books he could get his hand into and learned a lot about the world he was living in now.

This world was made by 6 gods, who created everything in a primitive way and waited for the evolution of the races to kick in. When the races were fully evolved, they were able to learn about the gods and the power they could grant, and so they started praying to the gods and the gods blessed them all with the skills and the levels. That way, the races would be able to improve even more.

The gods that created this world are:

-Namika: Goddess of Darkness. She created every race that was close to the Darkness, like the dark elves, demons, and vampires. With her power over darkness, she created all the dark skills like dark magic and dark knight skills. She is usually despised by all the races for giving power to the Dark Lords.

-Zerax: God of Light. He created the humans and the angels. Also created all the holy skills and allowed the summoning of heroes. He is one of the most loved gods.

-Ezneas: Goddess of fortune. She created the dwarven race. Also created the merchant, gambler, the charmer and the royalty skills. Extremely loved by the people and it is said that she is the most beautiful goddess and the most playful.

-Cinmos: God of life, death. He created all the undead and the necromancer, soulmancer and technomancer skills. Not the most loved god due to the undead but carries the dead souls to the afterlife.

-Kalarae: Goddess of techniques. She created the dragon race and the beastkin, alongside all the physical skills like Samurai or Warrior and the skills like Bard. She is known as a warmongering goddess.

-Veto: God of knowledge. He created the magic skills and allowed that the races could learn more of mana. Also, he created the elves.

-Edia: Goddess of love, family, and loyalty. She made possible that the races could love and be loyal and allowed the birth of the demi races, like demi elves, who are only half elves and half another race.

After learning all that, Evan saw Noche floating in front of him, while he was clearly surprised. Mainly back in Dawn World, he didn't know who made each race and he was the one who kept track of all the lore of Dawn World, but now he knew. Still, it brought one clear question to his mind. Which race was Noche? He didn't recall any race like Noche, nor any data related to what Noche could be.

"Which quest have I completed?" Evan asked as he looked at Noche, still trying to decipher what race Noche was.

"The first! Good job!" Noche said with a cheerful voice, clearly happy that Evan was going forward with the quests.

"Thanks." Evan said as he smiled widely, thinking that the tutorial wouldn't be trouble.

"Now you can level up! This will be of great help to you! Remember that you gain more skill points, with the blessings you have been given by Namika." Noche said, as he made sure to warn Evan to ensure he would start getting stronger faster.

"First, I will complete the second and the third if possible." Evan said as he smiled widely, knowing that the best was to finish the quests already started.

"Also, you started to complete the second task, if I recall well. And the third one is almost finished!" Noche said as he floated around Evan, but that was giving Evan quite the headache.

"Well, time to search for more books. After all, I have to be prepared for the worst." Evan said as he was going to search for books in the library. 'The more data I hold, the better for me. Probably I can use it for my benefit.' Evan thought to himself, as he looked in the library.

"Before you do that. I must ask one thing to add: The vampires were made by Cinmos, not by Namika. We don't condone the act of using necromancy to create sentient beings. It's a stain on the branch, and one we don't like. We may create chaos, but we ain't creating undead posh bastards. Leave that to Cinmos." Noche said.

"Hm. An interesting situation then. Either way, I don't go with using necromancy to make sentient beings. Unless one exception, but that one is unavoidable. Retainers are of great importance for me." Evan replied while looking at Noche.

"Why would you want a retainer? We both know that with enough preparation, you can take over this country without it." Noche said, trying to understand better the young dark lord.

"It's simple, really. I hate despots and bureaucracy. Those who rule by force without the approval of those that they rule over are nothing more than petty tyrants. If you steal their future and their freedom, then you are nothing more than a petty tyrant who is as bad as a corrupt politician. So I try to create retainers to help me push things forward without becoming a despot, for not being able to deal with all the bureaucracy and listening to the people at the same time." Evan said as he smiled at Noche.

"Well, you could have normal undead doing that. They are not that stupid if they can handle chores. " Noche said as he considered Evan's words.

"Not really. Unless I make superb ones like liches or fiends, because I am not going to make the mistake of doing archliches, you can be sure they can't do much thinking for themselves. It's easier to control an army that doesn't ask about ethics and morality, especially when your usual strategy is softening their defenses with bombardment. Well, back on Earth, some managed to bs that with something called discipline... Which I consider menticide, or as more ignorant people call it: Brainwashing." Evan explained calmly, while Noche floated around Evan.

"Well, why not archliches? They are powerful, far smarter than liches, and can command even more troops!" Noche said as he considered Evan's words.

"More like, deal with a sentient and petty being who can try to corrupt your organization first and then make sure that they are king of the hill. Which means that the best benefit of using undead, alongside the lesser logistic strain, that is the absolute obedience, is gone. You want troops that don't need to eat lots, since for that you use corpses and reanimate dead people to fight your wars, and then you want them to follow your orders." Evan explained, as he considered what he had seen on Earth and read in the history books.

"So, how would you place that balance?" Noche asked, with a curious tone, due to where Evan was going.

"You must allow the undead to be loyal enough to do your bidding, and enough brain to understand the objectives and do them. That doesn't mean they need to be sentient, they need to be akin to robots but more capable of understanding the orders and the different variables. It's possible, but it's a lot of trial and error. Luckily, for us, I already have the troop blueprints done due to the similarities of this world with the powers I have." Evan replied, as he took a deep breath.

"Could you do a proper undead army if you had the materials, by I dunno... Four years in the future?" Noche asked once more, clearly worried about the situation in the country.

"It's feasible, but I would have to work on it rather soon. You know, I can't make the one I would want to, but a decent one is feasible. Of course, if we had enough corpses, I could probably make a weak one now... But yeah, probably they are free exp for the guard. I want to set a few things first before even considering gambling on that." Evan said as he turned to look at the books. 'Also, I need a way to make enough troops to murder the hero, and the elven king. If you think I am not committing regicide, you are fucking stupid.' Evan thought to himself.

'One day, you'll have to do that army, Evan. Namika warned me since she was already aware of the corruption in this country. I just hope we do find a proper solution, even if it's one where we are the villains.' Noche thought to himself, worried about the future of Evan.

Evan started to search for books that would talk of the countries and the continents of this world. Probably wouldn't help him be sure if this world was the one of Dawn World, or just a very similar world, but who knew? At least more data would equal to have more information at his disposal, and if he could use it for his own ends, that was wonderful.