Chapter 50: Recruiting The Merchants.

Evan decided to go to search for the headquarters of the Silver Eagle company that was in the middle of the capital of Elstivia, Crelens.

The castle was in the northern part of Crelens, like Cherubs Rest, alongside the barracks of the guard and its headquarters and most of the places where Evan had been up to now, even the nobles lived only in the northern part.

The capital was extremely big as he had seen before and Evan even got lost trying to find the northern exit. And now he had to reach the middle area, where the merchants, the market, the commoners and the churches are.

Evan had two options to reach the middle area, one was to walk south until he arrived at the market where he saw the market for the first time and the other was to go through the east side where the smugglers and assassins roamed with the abandoned ports connecting to the Alissa River and find the headquarters from there without getting robbed.

The Alissa River was named after a wise queen who managed to create a commercial route that connected Ottenzell and Gorzelltern with Mord and Vestas, which in return due to the river allowed Crelens to have a direct income of fresh fish and money.
Evan heard rumors that Alissa was poisoned by the King Katas, and her family had to become merchants to not starve to death. And so it seemed true since the Silver Eagle company was created 2 months after her death.

Evan started to tie knots between the connections that Silver Eagle had with history. Thanks to Amelia's father, Elstivia managed to get by under the eight years of commercial war between Elstivia and Rivialt but was never condecorated for it. Moreover, that man almost got assassinated twice due to his actions and both times the king was the only one paying for that assassination. Evan needed to check on Amelia more closely because he was aware that Amelia was using him.

But that would never stop him. Evan was used to that. He lived as the son of a politician, and he was always invited to the social meetings and all. He had to lie, feign sincerity, trick others, and always making sure to not create enemies for his father or he would receive a lot of pain. Evan would use Amelia and Amelia would use him, that would be all. Thinking more than that right now would be a faux pas that Amelia would use to her advantage.
Evan stopped overthinking and decided to go directly without risks to find Amelia, while still having something on the back of his mind warning him that something wasn't going well.

Meanwhile, in the castle, David was extremely worried. Every year, all the kings made a big meeting at one kingdom and this time... The meeting was going to take place in Elstivia. David had to control the possibility that Evan planned to mess with the meeting to create chaos between the countries or to gain political power.

But David had an idea: Increase the number of guards would put the kings into alert. But what if he put the guards due to a small alarm caused by a thief trying to steal treasures in the castle? That would be taken as a smart measure and potentially would help him in the long run.

Kanbe went to talk with David about Evan's actions and what had happened with Rochester but he met someone else alongside the way. A tall dwarven woman, with long red hair, black eyes who had a scar on her forehead and was wearing a black Mythril armor that covered her body unless the face.

Still, Kanbe could see that the dwarven woman was a little more well-endowed than Mina and that she was wielding a long black spear, all made of Orichalcum that had a red stone with a rune engraved on it. But the dwarf saw him looking and aimed with her spear at the neck of Kanbe, which made him blush out of the embarrassment caused by being caught.

-Kanbe: Sorry! I was surprised to see a dwarven soldier here!

-Dwarf: You were comparing me with another girl. I know when a man compares me with another girl. I suppose that I lose at cuteness and beauty. 

-Kanbe: "So she knows that I was comparing her body to Mina... I will die here. I see it coming. At least I will die saying the truth." Well, I was comparing you with a comrade.

-Dwarf: She is busty, no? The elven women usually are extremely stacked.

Kanbe was red-faced due to the embarrassment, and laughed nervously while the dwarf woman decided to open her armor a bit, showing that she was hiding her bust which was a lot bigger than expected.

-Kanbe: You are quite direct...

-Dwarf: Oh. You have experience with that kind of girls. Don't worry, I was thinking that you might want to attack me. "He will never know that I was ready to kill him if he tried to use a pickup line."

-Kanbe: Sorry for looking at you like that. "Saved! I am saved!"