Chapter 100: A vampiric surprise.

Leo and Will kept going towards the city of Cirae calmly while talking about several things, since the two in the few months didn't have many chances to talk with each other, and since they worked on different branches... Well, they never had the chance to know each other well.

-Leo: So how did Evan find out about you, Will?

-Will: I just walked out of Cirae, worrying about how much time I could run away from the mercenaries that decided to take the bounty that the elder did put on my head. But by sheer luck, I entered in Evan's experimentation lab while they were following me...

Leo looked surprised at Will, but he kept his calm and stayed collected even after hearing that, yet his eyes were able to freeze even the bravest warrior while looking at the road ahead.

-Leo: So they went inside Evan's experimentation lab while following you. I guess that the boss handled them in a flash.

-Will: He didn't even look at them, he just flicked his fingers... Their eyes turned into ash in a few minutes, while the golems he had around made sure they didn't move at all.

-Leo: I can understand that our boss can be that heartless when it comes to intruders like those mercs.

Will smiled, while Leo nodded while crying. Leo did cry quite a few times, but he always pulled through whatever it was required from him. Just like with Will, he wasn't scouted to get chosen but was found and since they both had proven their worth in Evan's eyes... He put them in those positions.

-Will: The best was what he said. He simply said: 'It took longer than expected, and you survived their assault, so... How about you work with me? I am sure that you will fit right in this family, even without hearing your past!'. He didn't even think of the family as a tool or an organization.

-Leo: He doesn't usually show it, but he is caring in his own way. He really cares about us, and that reminds me of my own family... I lost them due to a certain leader of my birthplace.

Will nodded while walking, making sure to pat Leo's back and smiling, the monsters looked around to ensure that no one attacked them while walking.

-Will: Don't worry, don't worry. Evan sent us to ensure that they pay back. And we are with one of his personal wings. Specifically made for this kind of fight. They may have good mercenaries, but against the extermination wing number 12... They better be getting a hero to save their sorry asses.

-Leo: Yeah, that's true! Evan did certainly save many of our lives.

Will and Leo kept going to the city with the small army they were bringing with them, until they arrived to Cirae.

That said, once they arrived to the city, they found a massive stone wall with many mercenaries waiting for them that had bows and staff. Mostly it seemed that the strategy for Cirae's defense was rather simple: If the enemy comes, they would simply get up to the walls and starts shooting and attacking from above.

Even being that simple, it was a rather good strategy for defense... If the enemy didn't have long range attacks or siege weaponry, the defense would just be perfect against any kind of intruder.

Will and Leo looked surprised at the wall, and were ready to attack until they saw the mercenaries scared and shivering. Will looked at Leo, and Leo shrugged while preparing to shoot at the mercenaries.

One of the mercenaries, an elf started shouting to Will and Leo, which made them stop in their tracks right away.

-Mercenary: I know that you might hate us for what we did to you, William! I know, and I am deeply sorry about it! But now, we require all the help we can get!