Chapter 38: Opening The Wings Of Freedom.

Evan arrived at the basement with Seth and Roderick sweating a lot. The basement had a couple of beds with chains and many kinds of syringes with a transparent crystal in the barrel and with a big button instead of the plunger. Evan takes one and decides to test them out since he was guessing that those syringes were the skill extraction items. But for that he needed Guinea pigs, like Roderick. Thinking about the tests, made Evan smile like a demon which made Roderick flinch and tremble.

-Evan: So let's see if we can take your skills, Roderick. Think deeply about your life and your sins.

Evan grabs one of the syringes and stabs Roderick's arm and Roderick starts screaming of pain. After 20 seconds, a white light filled the barrel of the syringe and Evan took the crystal out and inspected Roderick. This confirmed that the one that lost the skills recovered the skill points they had used in obtaining the skills, which worked perfectly for a respec if you didn't take into account the pain.

Roderick had lost his slave master skills and Evan decided to crush the crystal. But he was unaware that doing so, he would obtain the skill at a master level already but it would be a painful experience for him. Evan fell to the ground and started screaming, it felt like he had his head about to burst for several seconds. Caroline was worried about the health of Evan but it seemed like he was alright.

-Caroline: The first time using one of those is said to hurt like being shot in the feet.

-Evan: Well, that was not a good option. But I have something good. Also, a lot of time to get skills. Still, I am keeping the boxing ones. Also, they are not big.

-Roderick: Because these ones are the light version! The originals were machines big as this basement! Agh! It hurts like hell!

Evan grabbed all the syringes and started extracting skills while smiling like a demon, to get all the skills he wanted.

After a couple of hours, Rose and Zerana were carrying Pynti's father who was almost dead due to the beating that Rose and Zerana gave him. Vivienne decided to go back to the orphanage due to not wanting to even know what would happen to that man and went to the basement where Evan was waiting for them with Seth already dead with a hole in his head and Roderick seemed to have become unable to even think due to the shock of the extraction of his skills.

-Rose: All seems to be going well over here.

-Evan: You caught the pig?

-Zerana: We almost killed him. Not going to apologize.

-Evan: Neither you have to. We are going to execute Roderick but for that, we need to prepare the scenario. Get Pynti's father to grab a dagger and stab Roderick in the brain. Then we leave him tied up, enslaved and turned into a woman, Alex prepares a background for the lady who will not remember anything and she will be sold as a slave. I needed him alive only.

-Rose: So he will be the scapegoat?

-Evan: Quite ironic. After betraying his daughter, he learned that Roderick planned to rebel against the plan of David and so he killed Roderick. But he was going to sell his daughter and tried to make the auction on his own but Alex interfered. Knowing nothing of what truly happened, he bravely killed all of the people who were in the illegal auction and found his boss dead but saved Pynti and every slave that is here right now.

-Zerana: Also he used a slave master to enslave the culprit of this culling. And so he will be revered as a good captain of the guard.

-Evan: Exactly. Also, David won't be able to say anything about Alex. If he does... Well, he will have to do a lot of explaining.

-Rose: It is wonderful to hear that.

-Evan: Also this is payback. An ironic payback after what he had done

Pynti went to the basement with Sumeragi, Legias, and Flint. Sumeragi was covered in blood but seemed to be in perfect condition, Pynti was avoiding eye contact with her father and Legias and Flint were trying to avoid the smell of blood.