Chapter 8: Grandine

Evan was in front of everyone and had to start explaining who he was and had to get all the courage he could muster to explain what was going on and who he had been. After all, if this world had any part of the knowledge of the best adventurers of Dawn World... Evan, the black flame devil, would be a known villain or, in the best situation, an Anti-Hero.

"First, I must say who I am, truly. I am the reincarnated soul of an otherworldly adventurer... A master of necromancy, dark magic, and fire magic. I used the two pinnacle skills of necromancy, Create soul and Create corpse, to create a group of new entities called Homunculus. Four of them." Evan explained as he took a deep breath.

Flint looked at Evan, not believing what he said, and his tone sounded sarcastic, due to him having to come to terms with what Evan said. Mostly because if it was true, then the boy he was seeing was someone to be respected for his inhuman powers. Also, because the PR done against Evan was like being called the worst person in the world with enough proof to handle all the reasonable doubts, and so he was extremely hated.

"And now he will say that he is the soul of the otherworldly black flame devil! Seriously..." Flint said as he couldn't believe what Evan was saying, still sweating after running for three quarters of hour from Lillian.

Legias looked annoyed at Flint, because this entire conversation was bugging him off. Mostly because Flint and Legias were like best friends, but just like the best of friends they mess with each other on the daily basis.

"Your intuition is better these days, Flint. Last time, you thought that Zerana's favorite iron ball was a soccer ball." Legias said with a smirk on his face.

Evan chuckled while looking at Flint, knowing that Flint wouldn't believe it if he didn't truly say it once more. At times like that one, Evan felt like instead of convincing... He just had to reiterate the point one more time, and then drop the subject.

"Indeed. I am Evan, also known as the black flame devil, creator of the four Homunculus and one of the heavenly four. Killed by my own parents. Ironical, isn't it?" Evan informed calmly, as he would have given up a few undead only to be able to drink wine in this embarrassing situation. 'Explaining my time in Dawn World is so embarrassing and edgy... I would have preferred to have Legias explaining it...' Evan thought to himself, trying to avoid showing his embarrassment.

Legias nodded while looking extremely happy at Evan, knowing that he wasn't that much different from who was supposed to be his grandfather. And knowing that Evan wouldn't betray him like his sister and father did, which was a huge relief for him.

"Extremely. Specially if you think that the Homunculus treated you like their own father." Legias said as he chuckled a bit.

Evan quickly raised his arms while smiling widely, knowing that he needed to avoid repeating what Legias said. After all, it would be suspicious to try to convince the others fervently.

"You said it, not me!" Evan exclaimed as he took a deep breath.

Legias took the words of Evan as a simple interjection, and it made him chuckle. The young elf felt the desire to share what his mother usually said to him, and he couldn't hold his excitement.

"Mother was always like: If Father saw me having two children! He would be nettled." Legias said as he looked happy of being around.

Evan chuckled while lowering his arms, and looking rather happy while keeping an eye on every single person on the room to check their emotions. Everything seemed like the others were in shock, so he knew that everything had gone exactly as expected.

"And that Legadonia got killed has me absolutely livid! If you understand it." Evan admitted as he looked around, while trying to hold back his angry.

Legias noticed how Evan kept an eye on the facial expressions of every single child, and so he noticed that Evan was keeping his own anger inside. With that piece of information, Legias knew that he had to make sure the children noticed his wrath.