Chapter 75: The attacks of the church.

Evan had been a couple of days experimenting on some things with his monster skills, specially with the vision ones since they allowed him to see in the dark, see the mana of other people, and he had better sight even without the body transmutation, which made the transmutation skill seem to Evan as something to change the base power of the body for a while and activate certain skills like scales.

But one of the skills that didn't require Evan to use body transmutation was mana field, he had used it previously but his usage of it was so crude that made him feel embarrassed to even try to improve over it. At first, he had tried to use mana field to improve the casting speed of his magic but found out that he couldn't control it quite well due to the tutorial seal. That said, Evan decided to push his body to use mana field correctly. Since he couldn't feel his mana well, he decided to make his body more sensitive with a method he had the absolute displeasure to even have laid eyes upon before arriving to Terra.

Evan prepared himself in the monster den he prepared, made sure that no one could hear him or see him so no one could interrupt him, and turned his arm into slime and molded it into a repetition gun but that instead of shooting, it threw punches aimed at the guts of Evan. And so Evan started using the repetition gun he had prepared with his slime abilities to hit himself, while he tried to sense something else alongside the pain.

And due to his experience with torture and pain, he managed to feel something else, like a source of energy that came out from somewhere between the stomach and the heart. He focused on that source and started doing breath exercises imagining that the source of that energy freed some of it to create a bubble made of that energy surrounding him. That was the method he remembered from Dawn World's lore, and so he decided to use it.

Meanwhile, Flint was walking across the streets while he felt like something was amiss. Since he had seen Belle, his head had a slight headache when he tried to understand some things like why she wanted to finish him off. But also he had these weird dreams where he and Vivienne were talking in his hometown when they were a bit younger, and they seemed to enjoy talking. It was totally different from what he remembered from his past, but it felt too real to be false.

Those dreams made Flint start doubting his past, but he remembered another thing he seemingly had forgotten. He had worked with Elizabeth and several other adults alongside one of his friends named Jack in a group of freedom fighters that worked against the council, which Flint couldn't understand why. As far as he remembered, he had been a nice kid and even helped the council. So why he would go against the council before he was exiled? That question was unable to find an answer that could explain all the things that Flint couldn't understand from those dreams.

Flint was working on his trusty flintlock gun, since it had been used for quite a while already and it desperately needed some maintenance which only Flint could do, when Legias arrived to the room.

Legias looked quite confused and seemed to want to ask something to Flint, but Flint just looked at Legias and sighed.

-Flint: What's wrong Legias?

-Legias: I just don't understand why the orphanage was attacked. Neither understand absolutely Evan's plan. He might be my grandfather, but I suppose that he is far more used to intrigue than me.

Flint sighed while thinking in why the orphanage would be attacked. Yeah, it had several people that were hated for being blessed with unusually high status, some of them were royalty, demigods, or somehow connected to royalty or clans. That alone would give quite a lot of reasons, but none enough to provoke such heavy attacks. Or so Flint thought, until Noche floated around Flint and Legias.

-Noche: First, you are cursed children. Emphasis on the fact that cursed here is like usually calling anyone heretic, which is like something that a kid without talent says out of envy for the talented people. Second, how much royalty we have here? A prince, a princess, and someone who should be the head of Sansifta. Alongside the fact of Evan's existence. That certainly gives enough reasons for this and more. Third, guess what? Grandine's defense of this place makes that the factions that want her out of the church attack the orphanage.