Chapter 52: Lies Of The Family.

Zerana was running away with a small girl in her back. She was scared of who she had found. She was running from Aoi, the spoiled princess of the Tiger Clan and she couldn't fight her back with someone on her back.

Zerana had two choices: Leave the girl and attack Aoi or keep running. She wasn't going to even ponder running without the girl, it was not her style to run away without making sure that if someone got caught, it would be her.
Zerana decided to keep running until she tripped and fell to the ground. The little girl did not want to leave Zerana behind and tried to help her... But she was trembling when she saw Aoi.

Aoi had an average height, long black hair, a couple of tiger ears on her head, blue eyes, a scar on her forehead that was made by an assassin who tried to shoot her in the head and was wearing a black qipao and a pair of platform heels.
Her silhouette was one of a really tough girl, with abs that some people said that could grind meat using them and that tough silhouette intimidated most people.

Zerana got up and looked at Aoi, who was smiling and looked like if she was barely containing her bloodlust, trying to find a way to strangle her without getting countered.

-Aoi: Look what I found! Dear Zerana, it's been a long time since I last saw you!

-Zerana: Not long enough for me.

-Aoi: Last time, your grandmother was in the way... Don't worry. I ripped her entire rib cage while she was kept alive. Took me a while to figure out how to do it. But now I am overjoyed to find you!

-Zerana: Why are you so happy to see me!? Because you can kill me!?

-Aoi: Not exactly. See... What do you know about your family?

-Zerana: They are proud members of the Wolf Clan who fought for our freedom.

-Aoi: What do you know about the Changbiao clan?

-Zerana: They are extinct! You killed them all!

Aoi started laughing, remembering what she had done to discover the reason why she didn't have what she had desired from the Wolf Clan even if she did destroy the Changbiao clan which was the ruling clan of the Wolf clan, and noticed that Zerana didn't know anything about her heritage.

-Aoi: Oh, silly girl... if we managed to do that... We would have killed Wukong long ago!

-Zerana: What do you mean?

-Aoi: What do you know about your birth?

-Zerana: I was born in a town. I am the daughter of a couple of proud Wolf Clan warriors!

-Aoi: Really? Then how do you explain the birthmark on your back?

Zerana was sweating, she made sure to never show up her birthmark on her back. She never liked to see that mark with the form of a wolf smiling. For Zerana that mark gave her a bad feeling, like if she was missing something. She never saw that kind of birthmark on her mother or her father and that scared and worried her all the time, even if they calmed her worries down every time she tried to find out why she had that mark.

-Zerana: It is just a coincidence.

-Aoi: It has the same form as the Changbiao birthmark. Exactly the same. Do you remember what you feel when you fight?

-Zerana: Sometimes I don't. But that's natural on Wolf Clan members with strong bloodlines like me!

-Aoi: The Zagashi bloodline is not a strong one, Zerana. I did intensive research on the bloodline history. I even did some genetic checks with godslayer tech. Also, I saw the state of your mother's lower parts. Not a single remainder of your birth. This confused me beyond limits, it could be caused by a complete restoration. Until I found out one thing. Your mother was extremely close to the Changbiao.

Zerana looked enraged at Aoi, and didn't even try to control herself, while making sure that Aoi couldn't go past her.

-Zerana: No! DON'T YOU BLOODY DARE TO IMPLY WHAT YOU MEAN TO IMPLY!

Aoi smiled like a demon and approached Zerana while holding a letter, which he left in front of Zerana, who tried to cut Aoi's throat only to see that Aoi could dodge it easily. And she was in disbelief of how easily she could dodge that surprise throat attack, it was a sudden attack after all.